Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance

todd1
todd1 Member
https://login.northwesternmutual.com/login 

I have several whole life policies.  Of course, we pay monthly premiums also as a recurring expense.  

Please investigate adding to accounts.
Tagged:
92 votes

In Review · Last Updated

We are working to establish this connection in Simplifi, however, we cannot guarantee that we'll be able to support a requested bank.

Comments

• richfx
    richfx Unconfirmed, Member
    i also requested this today so hopefully it will be available soon
  • I'm interested in the same, but my spouse and I also have a pair of IRAs and a 529 college savings account through Northwestern Mutual's broader financial services org. Those IRAs and 529 should show up in my investments but I can't add the accounts!
  • Adding my vote for Northwestern Mutual here as well. I have a Roth IRA account and whole life policy with them and would like to be able to connect those to Simplifi. 
  • howardjensen
    howardjensen Unconfirmed, Member
    Adding my vote too.  I have investment accounts (IRA, Roth IRA, and CMA) with Northwestern Mutual and would like to connect those accounts to Simplifi. 
  • Adding my vote too. This would be an extremely valuable feature for me.
  • Joe
    Joe Member
    Adding my vote too.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello All,

Thank you for leaving your comments and feedback! If everyone could please navigate to the beginning of this post and add their votes by clicking the little up arrow underneath the vote count, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • crowhagen
    crowhagen Member
    Requested adding NW mutual during my trial period, but it didn’t happen, so I didn’t continue. If it is added, I will re-join.
  • Adding my vote for NW Mutual. 
  • I also would like this. Have an investment account with NM. 
  • bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie This connection used to exist last year and then it was removed. I actually didn't even notice it until I was looking at my policy value and thought it looked low - it was 3% off because it hadn't updated since 2021. Not sure what happened there, but I imagine there is a reason NW Mutual connection was removed. Since it was there before, it doesn't seem like something we should be voting on, unless it was pulled because few people were using it. Instead, it should be added back because people had connections that stopped working.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @bowgy4,

Thanks for letting us know!

I'm not aware of Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance ever being available in Simplifi, and I'm not seeing it on our Active FIs list. That doesn't mean that it wasn't, however, since it's not currently available, we'll go ahead and leave this request open for voting. Additionally, since it looks like we've officially requested this financial institution already, we'll definitely want our Users to be able to follow this post for updates. 

I apologize that I don't have more information on this, but I do hope that we see this connection in the future! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • I also had my Northwestern Mutual accounts connected previously, but noticed recently that the balances were not current.  I went to reconnect the account in Settings, but kept getting an error and a prompt to try again.  I deleted the account thinking i could just add again, but the financial institution no longer shows up as an option.  I just added my vote above, but does seem strange we need to vote to add since it was available when I began using this service
  • Upvoted! Please add this brokerage!
  • Added my vote! I have several investment accounts I would like to add in the app 
  • Yes, Please add Northwestern Mutual to list of available FIs.

• Please add Northwestern Mutual to the supported FIs. I upvoted.

• rcortez
    rcortez Member

Can you add Northwestern Mutual Investment Services? I am able to link a bill but not an account? https://login.northwesternmutual.com/login

• mjodotcom
    mjodotcom Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023

Similar to other comments, I too used to have this work when I first had simplifi, then one day balances stopped updating and once I deleted it to re-add it didn't show up as an option anymore. So it certainly used to be supported, then was dropped? Please add this back!

• ogl
    ogl Member ✭✭

need Northwestern Mutual investment services and insurance policies added or will have to cancel Simplifi subscription. Too large an institution—and portion of my finances—to not have a connection to.

• yes, please add NW mutual investments to Simplifi tracking

• c'mon!!! get this done already!

• NWM portal uses https://www.yodlee.com/company/clients-consumers to connect external accounts. Can Simplifi not determine what middleware platform can be supported between itself and Northwestern Mutual?

This discussion's last update was over a year ago. I have multiple investment accounts including IRAs, Roth IRAs, an annuity and life insurance policies. Without this reflected in Simplifi, it presents a very limited picture of my net portfolio.

• Since I cannot add the brokerage, is there a way to manually enter holdings so I can just update prices? Otherwise, I have to put it in as cash.

• please add northwestern mutual! Mint connected to it and that app was free. I’m not paying 47 dollars a year not to be able to connect all my accounts. I will have to leave Simplifi otherwise.

• ogl
    ogl Member ✭✭

Login page: https://login.northwesternmutual.com/login

Mint connects to Northwestern Mutual

• Adding my vote. With the retirement of Mint, I am assessing 3 different comparable products as a replacement. The most important requirement is automated integration with my financial institutions. Right now Simplifi is missing Northwestern Mutual and both Apple Card & Savings. All were supported by Mint.

• Adding my vote here too. Not having Northwestern Mutual is a dealbreaker for me and would like some idea on when it can be added as Mint had it.

• do any of the alternatives you are considering have support for Northwestern Mutual? It's proving to be the hardest one for me to find support for.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.