Mobile App: Cursor should default to Search Box when assigning a Category (edited)

Options
prat0088
prat0088 Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

When categorizing a transaction a list of categories pops up with a text box filter at the top. To search you have to touch in the text box.

I expect the cursor to already be in the text box with the keyboard open so I just need to type a few letters instead of tapping on the text box first.

Is it a small change? Yes. But users do this hundreds of times per month. These are the kinds of refinements that quicken doesn’t spend time on and make it feel old and clunky compared to other apps financial apps.

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin
    Options

@prat0088 I completely agree with the expectation for the curser to be in the text box. I hope this gets more votes up. I will have it reported as well to see if that is something that can be added in a future update.

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@prat0088 I agree with Coach Paco, our Apple and iPhone wizard, that this would be a real improvement. I'm on the Android side of the Force, myself, but unlike a lot of phone apps, the Simplifi app for Android is almost identical to its iOS version, so this would work well for both!

• marsd47
    marsd47 Member
    Options

i agree