Would love to see Dark Mode on Mobile [edited] (1 Merged Vote)

simplij
simplij Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in Feature Requests

Since the product is new and on the verge of a broader launch, dark mode support would be nice to have in the iOS app. It’s become an ‘expected’ capability at this point, and may reflect negatively on the app if it does not support it. Meaning, people may wonder why a new app and service would not have a feature like that.

Tagged:
127 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Dark Mode is available on the Mobile App as of the 5.0.0 release!

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@simplij Great suggestion!

• allentguti
    allentguti Member

I'd like to see this for MacOS.

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭

@allentguti Our development team is aware that a number of our users would like to see this, but your vote will keep it on the top of our priority list. Thanks!

• TGP
    TGP Member ✭✭✭✭

Would love to see dark theme for windows PCs and IOS devices :)

• cgriffin2157
    cgriffin2157 Member ✭✭✭
    If/when you guys do implement this feature on your website, I would love it if you would support automatic switching based on the operating system. I am not sure about Windows, but I know that on macOS Safari is able to report the light/dark mode status to websites, which can switch accordingly. My bank's website (Simple.com) does this and I can't tell you how refreshing it is that it is just always in the correct theming.
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    I vote yes!

• root
    root Member ✭✭
    Throwing in a vote as well for Android + Web UI as well. This is table stakes in 2021
  • Dark Reader extension works fine on the website.  App is a different story.
  • wbweston
    wbweston Member
    Yes, dark theme / mode is critical
  • zhivago
    zhivago Member
    I agree, dark mode on the app would be a big plus
  • Bob1
    Bob1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    +1 for dark mode on the mobile apps please
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello All,

Great news -- Dark Mode is now available from the Web App with 'Early Access' enabled!

We are still considering this option for the Mobile App, so please be sure to continue following along here for updates! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • carlsoncw5
    carlsoncw5 Member ✭✭
    Android app dark mode please
  • purdnost
    purdnost Member ✭✭✭✭
    As somebody who reviews their budget whilst lying in bed at night, this would be a welcome feature in the mobile app. 🌙
  • PLEASE add dark mode to iOS app
  • So, about that dark mode for iOS...
  • dsdxp
    dsdxp Member ✭✭
    Please add dark mode option for iOS 
  • Varadin
    Varadin Member
    Vote for dark mode android!
  • Just joined, might not stay if this doesn’t come, seriously🤷🏽‍♂️
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    On the web, this is already there, go settings -> general, you might or might not need 'early access' turned on (use at your own risk if so).  There are two giants options for dark mode versus light mode:

Edit: I cannot seem to delete this, but i noted they already noted near the voting that it's already there on the web.  I was going based on title to this when I wrote it.

Rob Wilkens

• Secure_User
    Secure_User Member ✭✭
    +1 from me also!
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Keep sharing that feedback! I've used (and loved) Simplifi for a year now and have noticed that they are very responsive to our feedback. I work in IT and can speak to how long and difficult it is to implement new features while also maintaining the usability of the existing features. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a team working on it right now. Meanwhile, if you use an iPhone you can use the web version of the app (from Safari) and add an extension called "Noir" to make it dark. Patience and trust they are listening; my experience is they are!
  • Any update on Dark mode for mobile? I believe is a must to convince someone after the 30 day trial. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Lega,

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, there's currently no further update to provide on Dark Mode for the Mobile App. Please be sure to stay tuned here for future updates, though!

-Coach Natalie
  • Secure_User
    Secure_User Member ✭✭
    Enabling Dark Mode for the app should be #2 priority right after security. 
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some core features which don't work, there are balances that at least sometimes are badly wrong, i think those should be higher priority than color selection (i.e. dark mode).

Rob Wilkens

• Oh wow, this is a recurring feedback since early 2020 and so far no implementation? Kinda disappointing.

Not sure if customer feedback actually matters here. @ Simplifi Team, what is preventing the dark mode from being rolled out for the mobile app following the web version? Is it that hard for your engineers to see the disconnection between the mobile vs. web products?

By the way, this is not only a "luxury feature". A lot of users with vision impairments/accessibility needs would appreciate you revisiting this topic and saving some budget to implement it.

Once more, hoping for some action on this subject. 🙌

• Coach Natalie

Hello All,

Our Product Team is still looking into options for Dark Mode on the Simplifi Mobile App. It sounds like they will be able to make this happen, however, it will be down the road a ways. We'll keep posting updates as they become available.

Thanks, everyone!

-Coach Natalie