Unable to perform Linked Transfers to Loan Accounts on mobile (edited)

purdnost
purdnost Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Getting Started

I’m waiting to make manual transfers to my debt accounts. In the meantime, I can’t even update my debt balances as I pay them down. That said, do debt accounts currently serve any purpose for manual users?

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @purdnost,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

To clarify, are you attempting to perform 'Transfers' to or from a manual Loan account? I just want to make sure that I'm on the same page, as the ability to do this is already supported. 

If you're tracking a loan (or debt) manually, unfortunately, there's no way to update the balance of the account without entering transactions to manipulate the balance, or by deleting and re-adding the account with the new balance. I believe that I already shared this Idea post with you, however, there's another Idea post that you may also be interested in checking out. 

As far as debt accounts serving a purpose for manual Users, if you're looking for an accurate Net Worth reporting, etc., then tracking your debts is definitely an integral part, but is entirely up to you. More details on tracking loans in Simplifi can be found here

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions!

-Coach Natalie
  • purdnost
    purdnost Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie,
    Correct, I want to perform transfers to my manual loan accounts, but none of them are available to select as a payee. Is there a help document that you could point me to, please?
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @purdnost,

Ahh -thanks for confirming!

It sounds like you actually need to select the 'to' account as the Category instead of the Payee -- this should allow you to perform those 'Transfers'! This Article does have more information and steps on performing 'Linked Transfers' in Simplifi: http://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3352152-how-do-transfers-work

With that being said, however, I am seeing that I am only able to perform this function from the Web App, as the account is not listed under the 'Transfer' Categories on the Mobile App. With that being said, I have gone ahead and gotten this reported for the Mobile App and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update.

In the meantime, you may consider performing these 'Transfers' from the Web App, which will then sync back to the Mobile App. 

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions!

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-10594
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @purdnost,

I just wanted to touch base with you on this issue -- although you're no longer subscribed to Simplifi, I am still able to reproduce this issue and will continue to post back here with updates in case any other users are tracking the issue. There is still no ETA on a resolution, however, we did give the ticket a bump. :smile:

Let us know if anyone has any questions!

-Coach Natalie 
  • Coach Natalie

Hello @purdnost & All,

This issue appears to be resolved on the Simplifi Mobile App!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.