Bill Connect: How do you have your Due Dates and Amounts set up for Connected Bills?

Options
Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited January 2022 in Bills and Income
I recently ran into a situation where I noticed that my power bill got skipped one month. Upon taking a closer look, I found that it had actually been pushed into the next month, as the Due Date provided by the Biller was on the 1st instead of the 30th.

This caused me to take a closer look at how my Connected Bills are set up, as I want to make sure that all of my bills are being accounted for and paid in the current month, and I also don't want to end up with 2 bills the following month. 

With that being said, I ended up going through and changing all of my Connected Bills to where the Due Date does not auto-update, so that they stay in line with my originally selected Due Date. I do like having the Amount auto-update so I know exactly what's due, however, this experience made me realize that I don't like my Due Dates being messed with.

I'm curious how others have their Connected Bills set up! Do you prefer to have your Due Dates and Amounts updated automatically, or do you use the original Recurring Series setup? I'm also wondering if anyone has a similar experience to share. Please let us know by commenting below! 

Comments

• kscooley
    kscooley Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just looked at a connected bill and right now, I just have our two credit cards.  (Been having some issues connecting our utilities.)  Both of the CCs are set to statement balance and Due Date.  It doesn't bother me if it crosses over to the next month since I've already budgeted for it by creating a recurring bill.  :smile:
    Karen
    New to Simplifi as of Nov 2021
    Ultimate Goal: Liveaboard Sailing
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I left that setting to auto-update. When that happens, I usually just manually update the date. The majority of the time I don't have to mess with it so that's ok with me.
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Where can I find the auto-update setting for connected bills?
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Found it!
  • Arun
    Arun Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    How often does bill connect updated bills ? If my credit card bill reduces due to refunds , will bill connect update the amount due or does it only pull the bill info once a month ? 
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Arun,

That's a great question!

Simplifi will update once a new bill becomes available. Our Service Provider links directly to your Biller and then your Biller lets us know once a new bill presentment is available, including the amount and the due date. This information will then be reflected in Simplifi.

I hope this helps! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.