Watchlist not displaying correctly.

Steve86
Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2023 in Using Watchlists
I’ve created a watchlist on my phone and it is not displaying correctly. I have recreated this watchlist but the issue persists. 

Screenshot attached

[edited image to reduce size]
Tagged:

Comments

• Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    My watchlist also seem to have disappeared from both the app and web interface. 
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    I recreated everything again, it appears good now.
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Looks like the issue returned screenshots attached

[edited images to reduce size]
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Steve86,

I'm sorry to hear that the issue with your Watchlists has reoccurred!

Is this currently occurring on the Simplifi Mobile App, the Web App, or both? Also, what is the exact issue that you're seeing -- are transactions not being counted towards the items or is the 'Average' not calculating/displaying properly, etc.? Is this occurring on all of your Watchlists or just some of them? If it's only occurring on some of them, is it just the newly created ones?

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    Looks like the web interface is working properly, the issue is with the mobile interface.

The issue is that is not displaying transactions properly in this watchlist.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited January 2022
    Hello @Steve86,

Thanks for confirming!

Since you're only seeing the issue on the Simplifi Mobile App, please go ahead and fully uninstall and then reinstall the App while performing a device reboot in between to see if doing so helps to clear things up.

If the issue persists, please provide me with some screenshots of the transactions that should be included towards the Watchlist items so that I can give my Team a clear picture of what's going on.

Much appreciated! 

-Coach Natalie 
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Hi Natalie, the app re-install did not fix the issue. This watchlist is configured to look for four different payee’s screenshots attached.

many thanks!

• Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    One more update. I created a new category for ‘Steve hobby’ manually assigned those transactions to new the category and then reconfigured the watchlist to look for the category ‘Steve hobby’ as opposed to the four different payees and it fixed the issue. 

Using the payee would definitely be more convenient but this works too. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Steve86,

Thanks for the additional details and the screenshots!

So it sounds like this is definitely an issue with Payee-based Watchlists only, correct? And are you just seeing the issue with the above-referenced Watchlists (Home Improvement & Steve Hobby) or are there others as well?

Would you mind also uploading a screenshot of your setup for each of the Watchlists so that we can see what Payees are being included and compare to the screenshots of the transactions?

Thank you! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Correct, the issue appears to be specific to a payee-matched watch list, or having multiple payee’s in a single watchlist. My other watchlist have been working as expected. I am currently using Watchlist to track spending which do not have dedicated budgets in the spending plan where I find it difficult to predict spending for the month.

Steve Hobby is obviously there to track recreational spending, I have full control over that spending each month :-) 

My Watchlist breakdown:

Home Improvement - Matches against category ‘home improvement’ - Working well.
    Amazon - Matches against a single payee ‘amazon’ - Working well.
    Doctor and health - Matches against two categories: Doctor & Pharmacy - Working well
    Steve Hobby (re-created) - Matched against a custom category ‘Steve hobby’ - working well (for now)

Steve Hobby (original) - Matched with four different Payees - Did not work - These transactions were uploaded in my above post the payees were ‘Dark Side’, ‘The Dark Side’, ‘Games Workshop’, and ‘Games Workshop LLC’

Additional screenshots for the transactions and payee details that were not displaying properly:

Screenshots from other Watchlist Amazon which matches against a Payee and is working:

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @Steve86,

Thanks for the additional info and screenshots!

I apologize for any confusion -- we need to see screenshots of the problematic Watchlist specifically and the setup for it. With that being said, if you could provide a fresh screenshot of the original 'Steve Hobby' Watchlist, as well as a screenshot of the setup for it showing the Payees that were selected (the same as what you provided for the 'Amazon' Watchlist above), then I think I'll have everything that I need to get this reported. :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Ah, sorry about that please the following screenshots for ‘broken hobby’

First screenshots show the Payee’s and then the third screenshots shows the watchlist not working properly.

• Coach Natalie
    edited January 2022
    Thank you @Steve86, we're getting closer! 

To clarify, we need to see this window for the Watchlist in question so that we can see the Payees and setup for it:

Thank you! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Sorry about that, I’m teachable I swear :-)

One more screenshot, let me know if this is what we are looking for:

• Coach Natalie
    That's perfect @Steve86, thank you!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. :smiley:

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-11654
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    Great thank you Natalie!
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Steve86,

Thank you for your patience as this is being worked on!

My Team has requested some additional information -- they'd like to see a screenshot of the same problematic Watchlist on the Web App showing that the transactions are being properly included and to get a comparison of what you're seeing on the Mobile App.

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie 
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Natalie, please see the attached screenshot from the web interface

• Coach Natalie
    Thank you @Steve86!

I'll be back in touch as soon as there's another update. :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Arun
    Arun Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    the watchlist graph on IOS always shows 0 dollars for a month even if there are transactions. Also the "Transactions" list is empty even though the "Watchlist Details" is not 

It works perfectly on the website for the same watchlist 
  • Coach Natalie
    edited February 2022
    Hello @Arun,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing this issue with your Watchlists on the Simplifi Mobile App.

Since you're just seeing this on Mobile, I'd suggest starting by fully signing out and back into the App to see if doing so helps to clear things up. If the issue persists, you'll next want to try a full uninstall/reinstall of the Mobile App, while performing a device reboot in between.

If you're still seeing the issue after following these steps, please let us know what type of Watchlist(s) you're running, whether you have multiple Payees, Categories, or Tags (whichever applies) selected or not, as well as if you're seeing the issue with all Watchlists or just specific ones.

Please let us know how it goes! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Arun
    Arun Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I tried the steps you mentioned and I am still seeing the same issue. The watch list is a multiple payee watchlist. I have attached a screenshot from the app. 

Also note again that it works properly on the Website 

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @Arun,

Thanks for attempting the steps and posting back with additional details!

It sounds like you're experiencing the same issue that was reported here by another User. With that being said, I'd be happy to add your information to the existing Ticket for this issue, but do need to gather the specifics of the Watchlist first. 

As requested in the other post, we'll need to see a screenshot of the Watchlist from the Watchlist section directly (instead of the Dashboard), as well as the setup of the Watchlist showing the Payees that were selected for it, and some example transactions that should be included towards the Watchlist but aren't. Also, please provide a screenshot of the same Watchlist on the Web App so that we can see a comparison.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Arun
    Arun Member ✭✭✭
    Screeshots from web app 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Arun,

Thank you for the screenshots!

I've gotten you added to the existing Ticket for this issue and will be sure to post back once there's an update. :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Arun
    Arun Member ✭✭✭
    also also note that the watchlist works fine on my android tablet app so the issues seems to only be with the iOS app. I am using an iPhone 13 pro max with iOS 15.3.1
  • Coach Natalie
    Are you also seeing this on iOS specifically, @Steve86? :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes iOS only it appears but I only have iOS devices
  • Coach Natalie
    Thanks for confirming @Steve86

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.