Optum Financial Not working - 102 error (edited)

Jrmclean
Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts
I know this has been asked awhile back and that Optum Bank was blocking, but is Optum Financial also blocking connection.  I can not get it to connect as an account or Bill connection, are we still awaiting feedback from Optum Financial?
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Jrmclean,

Thanks for posting!

As far as I'm aware, Optum Bank specifically is what the known issue is for (please see here), however, Optum Financial accounts (such as HSA accounts) are able to be connected in Simplifi. With that being said, what kind of account(s) are you attempting to connect in Simplifi, and what specifically occurs when doing so?

In regards to connecting to Optum as a Biller, this is a different type of connection so it would not be impacted by the known issue. I'm seeing Optum Health, OptumHealth Financial Services (which are both for insurance) & Optum Bank listed as Biller options. What specifically occurs when attempting to connect to the Biller in Simplifi? 

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Jrmclean
    Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
    Trying to connect to HSA account to track contributions and withdraws.  It return error FDP-102
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jrmclean,

Thanks for confirming the error!

A 102 error indicates that the financial institution is temporarily throttling connection traffic, and these errors usually clear themselves up after 48 hours. With that being said, how long has this issue been occurring for you? Also, what option for Optum are you selecting from the bank list when attempting to add the account, and have you tried any of the other options listed, by chance?

Please let me know, thank you! 

-Coach Natalie 
  • Jrmclean
    Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
    Tried Optum financial and optum financial (formerly connect care) , but return same error, been trying daily for about a week .
  • Jrmclean
    Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    See attached on both attempts 

[edited images to reduce size]
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jrmclean,

Thank you for confirming!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. :smile:

-Coach Natalie 

EWC-9147634
  • josh_shannon
    josh_shannon Member ✭✭✭
    @Jrmclean the same thing is happening to me when trying to add my HSA account through Optum Financial. I get the same error and cannot add the account.

Thanks for escalating the issue, @Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    edited January 2022
    Hello @Jrmclean ,

Thanks for your patience as this escalation is being worked on!

It looks like our Team has determined the error to be an intermittent issue, and the Ticket states that the bank should be ready for use now. With that being said, would you mind attempting to add the account in Simplifi once again and let me know how it goes, please?

@josh_shannon, are you still receiving a 102 error when attempting to connect to Optum Financial in Simplifi? If so, how long has the error been occurring for you?

Thank you both! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Jrmclean
    Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Tried both optum financial account options and both still returned same 102 error , I have been trying for couple weeks on a daily basis and get same 102 error
  • Coach Natalie
    Thanks for confirming @Jrmclean, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists.

I went ahead and resubmitted the Ticket and will let you know as soon as I receive another update. :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jrmclean,

Thanks for your continued patience!

According to my Team, the option listed as 'Optum Financial' is the one that you'll want to use to connect the HSA account. I'm thinking that something may be stuck though, as I'm seeing an account called "Optum Financial HSA" in your dataset, but it's not showing as manual or connected. Do you have this account in Simplifi?

If so, would you mind deleting it and then attempting to re-add it by connecting to the bank? Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • Jrmclean
    Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
    thats a manual account I made and imported transactions from a CSV file... I did retry and add new Account just now and got same 102 error. should I still delete the manual account, I don't see how a manual account would effect the other unless naming conflict which I can just rename this one?
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jrmclean,

Thanks for confirming!

Since you've already put work into the manual account, no need to delete it. However, would you mind sharing a screenshot of the account listed under the 'Manual Accounts' section in Settings>Accounts, please? That way I can share it with my Team to show them that the account in question is not currently connected and is in a manual state?

My Team has also requested that you attempt to change your banking password with Optum directly and then attempt to connect in Simplifi once again, so please go ahead and give this a try as well just to make sure that we're covering all bases.

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie
  • Jrmclean
    Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
    I renamed it to HSA just in case 
  • Jrmclean
    Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
    Also note in the account it says manual 
  • Coach Natalie
    edited January 2023
    Hello @Jrmclean,

Thanks for the pictures!

Were you able to try changing your banking password and then attempting to connect in Simplifi again? Also, how many accounts do you hold with Optum Financial?

Please let me know, thank you!  

-Coach Natalie
  • Jrmclean
    Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
    I changed password on website and tried to reconnect without success. Yes I only have 1 account.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jrmclean,

Thank you for giving that a try and letting me know!

I went ahead and escalated this using a different route since the original escalation keeps coming back as resolved, so we'll have new eyes on it. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back! :blush:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-3350
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jrmclean,

Thanks for your continued patience as we work on this!

I've received an update from my Team that the issue with Optum Financial should now be resolved -- would you mind attempting to connect in Simplifi once again and let me know how it goes, please? :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • Jrmclean
    Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
    Tried both from the phone app and web version on iPad and still get 

We are unable to connect to Optum Financial at this time. Please try again later.
    Care Code: FDP-102
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jrmclean,

Thanks for trying and posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that you're still seeing an issue!

I let the Team know and reopened the Ticket -- I'll let you know if they need any further info from you and/or when I receive another update.

-Coach Natalie
  • Jrmclean
    Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
    Thought here, my Optum financial is linked to , which should prompt to send text code, I tried to change it to security questions and still getting 102 error, but wondering if the tie to healthsafe ID might be issue?HealthSafe IDsupsupSign inWelcome to HealthSafe ID® - our new sign-in process that helps keep your account safe and secure. If you are signing in with HealthSafe ID® for the first time, you may need to register. If you already have credentials for this site, please enter them below and we'll help you upgrade.Username
  • Coach Natalie
    edited January 2022
    Thanks for the additional info @Jrmclean!

I let the Team know, but I'm curious (and they may ask) -- do you get prompted to complete an MFA request in Simplifi when attempting to add this account, or do you just get the 102 error?

-Coach Natalie
  • Jrmclean
    Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
    No, never prompted, I did notice on one attempt I thought I saw a quick banner say something about retrieving security or something like that but it was fast and went to the 102 error and username and password screen. Seems may to it’s not dealing with MFA
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you @Jrmclean, I'll be in touch! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • josh_shannon
    josh_shannon Member ✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie @Jrmclean

I am still having the same issues as @Jrmclean. After putting in my credentials (which I know are correct), I see a screen that says "Securing Connection". Then I get redirected back to the login screen with a 102 error.

• Coach Natalie
    edited January 2022
    Hello @josh_shannon,

Thanks for posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that you're still seeing an issue with Optum Financial in Simplifi.

I have gone ahead and added your information to the existing Ticket for this issue and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    I will have to say; Optum HSA works for me now. I did have problems and I still need to re-log in every once in awhile, but it seems like it's working now.
  • Jrmclean
    Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
    @Jedp interesting, I tried again just now and same 102 error code, are you connecting to optum bank hsa or optima financial hsa, they are actually different so wondering which you are connecting to, I have a 0 balance account at optum bank hsa and it links but only as a brokerage account not the HSA balances.  But the offshoot optum financial is not behaving ?
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Jrmclean we use Optum Bank HSA. That said, as you can see in the attached screen shot, every couple of days I have to re-enter my credentials for some reason. There is no 2SV setup on that account so I'm not sure why it happens.
This discussion has been closed.