Optum Financial Not working - 102 error (edited)

2»

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Jrmclean,

Thank you for your continued patience!

My Team is seeing that you currently have the HSA account connected in Simplifi, but it's showing as an investment account. I've located the account in question and it shows that it's connected to "Optum Bank".

Is this the account that you reference above where it linked as a brokerage account and doesn't show a balance? If so, is it the same HSA account that the escalation is for?  

Please let me know, thank you! 

-Coach Natalie
  • Jrmclean
    Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
    No that’s an older optum bank hsa I was testing, it has a zero balance, but uses the same health ID as optum financial hsa does, they are different accounts, I will delete the optum bank hsa. We need the optum “financial” login working .
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jrmclean,

Thanks for confirming -- I've let the Team know and will be back in touch! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jrmclean & @josh_shannon,

Thanks for your continued patience!

I've received an update from my Team that the issue should now be resolved -- would you both mind attempting to add your Optum Financial HSA account to Simplifi once again, and let me know how it goes, please? :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • Jrmclean
    Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
    No go for me, same 102 error 
  • Coach Natalie
    Thanks for trying @Jrmclean -- I let them know. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • josh_shannon
    josh_shannon Member ✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie same issue for me. It's still not working with the same 102 error.
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you @josh_shannon!

I'll be back in touch once there's another update.

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie

To clarify, which instance are you using for Optum when attempting to connect your HSA accounts? I believe that I had previously recommended using the option listed as just "Optum Financial", however, my Team is requesting that you try the one listed as "Optum Financial (Previously ConnectYourCare)".

Please let me know how it goes! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Jrmclean
    Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I always try both the listed optum financial options and both optum financial and optum financial (previously connectyourcare) produce the same FDP-102 error 

• Coach Natalie
    Thank you @Jrmclean. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • josh_shannon
    josh_shannon Member ✭✭✭
    Jrmclean said:
    I always try both the listed optum financial options and both optum financial and optum financial (previously connectyourcare) produce the same FDP-102 error 

Same here.
  • Coach Natalie
    Thanks for confirming @josh_shannon!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie

I've received another update that this issue should now be resolved -- would you both mind giving this a try and letting me know how it goes, please?🤞

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    So new problem! Optum HSA works great - synchs now and looks good. The problem is that it classifies itself as an investment. This means that we can't track healthcare transactions anymore. Is there anyway to change it to a savings account? 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jedp,

That's great that your Optum HSA account is syncing! 

Unfortunately, the financial institution is who provides the account type for connected accounts, and investment accounts are unable to be changed to 'banking' type accounts in Simplifi.

With that being said, however, Investment Transactions are soon coming to Simplifi, which should allow you to track the referenced transactions as you wish. Please be sure to follow along here for updates: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1019/show-investment-transactions#latest

Sorry I don't have a better answer at this time, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
  • josh_shannon
    josh_shannon Member ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same FDP-102 error. I tried all the Optum Account types. None worked.
  • Coach Natalie
    Dang it @josh_shannon!

Thanks for trying and letting me know -- I let the Team know what's going on and will post back as soon as another update is received. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie

Thank you both for your patience as this issue is being worked on!

It looks like they closed the ticket due to a successful connection. @Jrmclean, I am seeing that your HSA account with Optum Financial is connected and updating successfully.

@josh_shannon, I'm not seeing any recent attempts for you -- would you mind attempting to connect your Optum account in Simplifi once again to see if it works for you now? It looks like @Jrmclean is using the "Optum Financial Previously ConnectYourCare" option, however, if that one doesn't work, please also attempt to connect using the other option.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • josh_shannon
    josh_shannon Member ✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie, it worked! I used the regular "Optum Financial" account (not previously ConnectYourCare) and it did sync data into Simplify. Thanks so much for the follow-up on this. Much appreciated.
  • jsy42
    jsy42 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @josh_shannon, you used the secure.optumfinancial.com account? Still doesn't work for me. I'm getting an FDP-101 error.
  • josh_shannon
    josh_shannon Member ✭✭✭
    @jsy42 yes, that's the one. It took a little while but it ended up syncing and calculating the reoccurring deposit.
  • Coach Natalie
    Awesome @josh_shannon!

@jsy42, since you're receiving a different error (this post is regarding a 102 error), you'll want to go ahead and create a separate post if you're still unable to connect after trying both options for Optum Financial.

Thanks, everyone!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.