Add a checkbox to select to "Save Username" when logging in on the Web App (edited)

Options
sabrinablue
sabrinablue Member ✭✭
edited November 2021 in Feature Requests
I'd like to see the option added to save my username in the Simplifi login, so I don't have to type in my email username everytime I login on my home computer. I do have the password saved, but have not found a way to save the username. Thanks for considering adding this option.
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin
    Options

@sabrinablue Great suggestion. I do recommend checking your setting in your web browser as well. In chrome, you are able to save usernames so you wouldn't have to type it out each time.

• sabrinablue
    sabrinablue Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am using Chrome. And Chrome is saving the *password* for me. But I'm not aware of anything I can personally set to make it remember the username field. For instance, there is no checkbox to do so on your login page, like some login screens have.

Chrome is saving usernames for me for other logins. So I know it's functional in my Chrome setup. But when I look in Chrome's settings, I can only dig into saved Passwords, not usernames. Maybe I need to look somewhere else? If you know, thanks for directing me.
  • Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin
    Options

@sabrinablue In Chrome, click on your user Icon to the right of the address bar. Once you click on it, you'll want to click on the icon, right underneath your icon picture, you'll notice three smaller icons. Click on the one the looks like a key. That will bring you to your saved passwords and that also saves your username information. You would be able to make some changes there so it can save the username.

Your idea would be amazing though! It would avoid additional steps that you would have to change in your browser. You got my vote!

• sabrinablue
    sabrinablue Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, I don't know what the problem is. My username does appear in that area. However, it never populates in the username field. Also, that area is called Saved Passwords. Once I do enter my username, I am able to select that saved password. But I think the problem is with the sign-in page. It is not drawing from my info to populate the username field.

I'll just live with it for now, and hope that in the future something with this changes.
  • simplij
    simplij Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@sabrinablue consider looking into something like 1Password. It's a subscription service but it's been life changing and more than worth it. It correctly auto populates both fields on demand. And I don't work for that company.

• sabrinablue
    sabrinablue Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. I'm familiar with 1Password and the like. But my setup works well already and I don't want to pay for a password manager.

The problem is that I log in to dozens of other sites using Chrome-saved passwords and the username also sticks. Simplifi is one of only a few that requires me to enter the username. So I believe it's possible for it to be set up differently on their end, since other sites are getting the username to stick.

For the record, once I enter my email username, Chrome gives me the option to pull up the saved password for that username. So it's definitely saved by Chrome. But I have not found anyway for the username to be populated without me entering my full email every time.

Thank you for the suggestion, though. :-)

• cgriffin2157
    cgriffin2157 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

When I use Simplifi on Safari it correctly autofills both my username and password. I suspect this is an issue specific to your browser, since it sounds like others on Chrome don't have your issue either.

• sabrinablue
    sabrinablue Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, and I have tried it on Safari as well. Same issue. But what doesn't make sense to me is that it's not a browser-wide setting I have on both browsers, as both save usernames for me on other sites. I'm totally perplexed.

However, I will note that most other sites that save the username have a checkbox letting me opt into that. Maybe not all, but the majority. SimpliFi's does not offer such a checkbox to trigger remembering it. Not sure if this is relevant or not.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All, 

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant, and due to the age of the request and lack of user votes/comments, will be archived within the next 10 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken Simplifi, please be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this request would be beneficial for you. More details on voting for Idea posts can be found in our FAQ here

Thank you,

Quicken Simplifi Community Support Team