Recurring Transactions

Cmac
Cmac Member
edited November 2022 in Report a Bug

While working in IOS mobile app, I edit an upcoming recurring transaction amount in checking account (e.g. a credit card bill coming due soon) and the edit will only impact that one, upcoming instance. That's perfect! I can have my recurring transaction set to the average amount I expect to pay on my credit card each month, but when I get a statement I can set the single upcoming transaction to the amount due for that month without affecting the average amount I have set on the ‘managing’ recurring transaction menu. This is critical for monitoring cash flow in checking account. However, the problem is (on numerous occasions) when I log in the next day, frustratingly Simplifi has changed my edit back to the default amount!!! This has occurred on a number of credit card accounts (both linked and manual). Accurate cash flow projections is THE most important tool for me, and it has to be 100% accurate! Simplifi, please fix this bug.

Tagged:

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    I've experienced this bug too.  In fact, just two nights ago I adjusted the amount of this recurring transaction to (lets say) $100 in the Spending Plan on the Desktop App and this morning it's reverted to $0 everywhere (Desktop App - Chrome Windows 10 & Mobile App - iOS).

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Cmac & @Flopbot,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're both seeing an issue with Reminder edits reverting in Simplifi.

@Cmac -- to clarify, are you only seeing this on the Mobile App, or are you also seeing that the Reminder has been changed on the Web App as well? If you haven't checked the Web App, please go ahead and do so at https://www.quicken.com/simplifi/.

We'll also need to see specific examples of the behavior from either or both of you that includes the specific Reminder that was edited, what specific edits/changes were made to it, when the edits/changes were made to it, as well as when you noticed that the edits/changes had been reverted and what exactly they were reverted to.

Please also be sure to confirm whether the issue is occurring on both the Simplifi Web App and the Simplifi Mobile App, or if it's occurring on just one of the platforms. Screenshots outlining the issue would also be wonderful to have!

Additionally, is the issue occurring with specific Reminders (or specific Reminder types), or are there any other patterns that either of you have identified in this matter?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • Cmac
    Cmac Member
    Ok, will go back and forth (IOS App/Web) and see if there’s a difference and if it’s specific to one (or more) of my accounts.
  • Cmac
    Cmac Member
    Just saw the first occurrence since posting my issue. The change showed in both IOS App and Web, it seemed to be triggered by the credit cards posting of monthly’s payment (for 5/16 statement). The revised recurring was for the next payment (6/16). My edit had been holding at $2000, but this morning changed back to my default of $500. The CC account was my Sam’s ClubWorld Elite. Not sure screen shot provides anymore info that’s useful. Let me know if I need to provide anything else…this problem is REAL, and in past has occurred in other CC’s. This is the first one since posting problem.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Cmac,

Thanks for posting back with an example!

To confirm, the associated Recurring Series is linked to a Biller using Bill Connect, and the issue occurs when a new bill presentment becomes available, correct? If so, please provide the details of the Recurring Series and the Biller. Screenshots of the Recurring Series setup, as well as the Reminder in question, would be great to have. 

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • Cmac
    Cmac Member
    This reminder was not connected to biller, I have since connected as the two pics show before/after. The new bill will post shortly, we’ll see if the 6/16 reminder updates accordingly. As I recall, this bug has previously occurred on another CC biller that was connected, so not sure if the bug is ‘connected’ to this automation?
  • Cmac
    Cmac Member
    Ok, here’s another example, this one on a manual account. Yesterday (after linking the CC account above I was playing around with trying to link the ‘checking’ end (Apple) of this manual account (not the Goldman CC account itself). First pic shows the two in question. It didn’t work as the Apple account login wasn’t connecting (not sure why, is this another bug?). Anyway, with the unsuccessful attempts, the edited recurring amount defaulted back (changed), so last night I changed it back to $1298 (2nd/3rd pics). This morning I checked and it was changed back to default amount ($500). This is a long winded post, but trying to give all the details and steps I took for this one example. Last pic just shows the accounts series of recurring payments with the 5/31 payment I’ve manually changed, but Simplifi has changed back to default.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited May 2022
    Hello @Cmac,

Thank you for the example and screenshots!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. 

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-12617
  • Cmac
    Cmac Member
    Update! Yesterday 5/22 I changed 3 accounts (Apple manual, BoA, Sam’s linked) recurring default amounts. As expected, the first occurrence (which I had previously manually edited) of all 3 changed to the new defaults, so before stopping I manually edited all 3 to the original amounts (again these were the first occurrence, Apple for 5/31, BoA for 6/4, and Sam’s for 6/16). This morning when checking on Web all 3 had changed back to default amounts. This is the trifecta of bug examples I’ve been dealing with, all happening at the same time on both manual and linked accounts.
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you for the additional examples, @Cmac!

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything back on the Bug Ticket quite yet, however, I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I do, or if the Team requests any further info.

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this behavior!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Cmac,

Thank you for your continued patience as this is being worked on!

My Team has requested that you share your logs via the Send Feedback option in Simplifi. You may follow these steps to do so:
    1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked and click Send
    Please let me know once done!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @Cmac,

Have you been able to submit your logs, by chance? Please let us know, thank you!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Cmac,

I just wanted to reach out one last time before closing out the escalation. Please be sure to get those logs submitted, and let us know once done!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this issue is related to the issue I see where recurring transactions where the DATE (not amount) was manually edited periodically reverts back to the default recurring dates.  Something from time to time is causing the manual edits on recurring transactions to disappear.  In my case, this has not happened in the last week or two, but it does happen at unpredictable times.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Yes @RobWilk, something is definitely going on with Reminder edits reverting. Our Product Team is attempting to reproduce the behavior, which is why they've requested logs. Your issue is being tracked separately from this one (available here), and you've already sent us your logs. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Cmac,

Since we didn't hear back from you, we're going to go ahead and close out the escalation. However, if you're still seeing an issue, please be sure to get those logs uploaded and we can reopen the ticket accordingly. 

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.