Citi Card not supported when 2FA is enabled

Options
bmeyers
bmeyers Member ✭✭
I am able to reliably update my Citi Card transactions when 2FA is disabled.  Once I enable 2FA I receive errors - sometimes 102 and sometimes a message about the 2FA type not being supported (it's text messaging so i'm surprised it isn't working).
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @bmeyers,

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Citi Cards in Simplifi.

Unfortunately, we've had some ongoing issues with Citibank and Citi Cards that include issues with MFA. When viewing your connection history, I am seeing 102 errors, 192 errors, as well as some intermittent successful connections.

With that said, we definitely suggest disabling MFA before connecting in Simplifi as suggested here. We also have an Alert for the 102 errors that can be followed here for updates; this Alert also has a suggestion to add/update your Citi accounts outside of peak hours. 

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve the ongoing issues with Citi!

-Coach Natalie
  • bmeyers
    bmeyers Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Natalie - the intermittent successful connections have been when i've disabled 2FA through Citi before an update.  I then have performed the sync and re-enabled 2FA again.  Definitely not ideal, but I've found a way to keep the transactions flowing :)
  • bmeyers
    bmeyers Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Is there any update here? This issue has been outstanding for almost a year - hoping for a better way to get this updated than constantly disabling 2FA on my bank account.

[removed self-referencing link to merged thread]

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @bmeyers,

Thanks for following up!

Unfortunately, there is no further update regarding the known issues with Citibank and Citi Cards. To be automatically notified when updates do become available, I'd suggest following our Community Alert:

Sorry for not having a better answer, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.