Tomorrow is being shown as today in Projected Cash Flow graph (edited)

RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2022 in Report a Bug
This image tries to capture the problem I'm documenting: You can see a line where at the top is "Today" and the bottom is a big blue dot, the big blue dot refers to an autosave which is clearly labelled as "Tomorrow" below.

So, the cash flow chart for the account moved to the next day too soon. 

If it matters, it's 10pm ET which I imagine in UTC is the next day.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited June 2022
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing an issue with your Cash Flow graph in Simplifi. 

To clarify, is this the only time that you've seen this behavior occur? Also, did you specifically notice that the issue occurred after 10 pm ET, or is it possible that it may have occurred earlier in the day and you didn't notice until later on that night? 

If this is the only time you've seen this type of behavior occur, I'd definitely suggest keeping an eye on it to see if it occurs again in hopes that this is a one-off instance. If you do see the issue pop back up, however, let us know and we can take a closer look at what's going on. 

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the first time i noticed it.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    I apologize for the truncated response, @RobWilk -- I accidentally clicked 'Post Comment' before I was done typing. 

Since this is the first time you've seen the issue occur, please go ahead and keep an eye on it and let us know if it happens again. It's very possible that this may have been a one-off issue. 🤞

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll set a reminder, I created a temporary transaction dated for tomorrow, and I will update you if i get a more precise idea on when the problem occurs, if it occurs again.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    @RobWilk, that would be wonderful. Thank you! 

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, from all appearances the problem starts sometime after 8:00pm EDT, which i looked up as midnight UTC.

This is 'without the problem' at 7pm EDT:

At the 7pm screenshot, above, you can see the today line is to the left side of the giant dot.

If it matters, this is the 6-month account cash flow forecast view...

Here is the same view at 8:18pm ET, with cursor over the 'today' line showing the 'tomorrow' event, you can see a dotted line along the today line, and you can see the lines are much closer to the 'center' of the blue dot than it was at 7pm.

It's not clear that (1) the time zone is consistent (it's today in one part of this screenshot, 'tomorrow' in another part), (2) there is any way for a user to set their time zone in settings.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for doing some additional testing and reporting back!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-12890
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for your patience as this is being worked on!

It looks like a fix for this is expected with the 3.54.0 Web Release, so please be sure to let us know if you continue to see an issue after that time. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice..

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Hello again @RobWilk,

It looks like the fix for this got pushed to the 3.55.0 Web Release. They determined that the "Today" line moves depending on what time of day it is, however, it looks like they're removing that component of the graph to resolve the issue that you're seeing. 

Please be sure to let me know if you continue to see issues after 3.55.0 comes out! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will do.  I am travelling for 2 weeks and mostly using simplifi mobile for android.  I may not see web version as much, but i understand what you mean by "moves depending on time of day", the fix sounds better to me.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I never got back on this, I think by all appearances this is "fixed".  The reason i didn't get back sooner is that when things work well, it's rare to want to comment on them.  I think that's why a lot of product reviews that are not encouraged with "Please review us" reminders, only happen when someone has something to complain about.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Thanks for following up, @RobWilk!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.