How do i get Simplifi to split my reoccuring bill like it was when I set it up?

Options
Kathryn2u
Kathryn2u Member
edited August 2022 in Bills and Income
Setting up a reoccuring bill...  I have my car and home insurance through the same company, and pay the same amount every month.  When I set it up, I split the total into home insurance and car insurance with corresponding amounts.  However, each month it is just posted as one amount to the company.  What am I doing wrong?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• bsmorovitz
    Options
    I have the same question. Looks like recurring transactions do not have ability to be split. One issue COULD be in determining the logic to use if actual amount differs from projected/recurring amount. How best to split. e.g. fixed dollar amount(s) in certain categories with the residual in a designated category vs. percentage based allocations/splits.
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie
    I want to split the following recurring bill from State farm.. auto-home-bike-umbrella policy. 

I don't follow your example above.  Can you show a step by step as I don't want to experiment and mess something up.

Thanks, Clark
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie
    After reading your example again, are you splitting the transaction after it is downloaded? I went and looked at mine and it looks like that's what you are suggesting??
    Clark
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Clark,

Great question!

That's correct -- I wait for the transaction to download and then I make sure that it's linked to the Recurring Bill. Once it's linked, I'll edit the transaction to add my splits. The entire transaction will be included in the Bills and Income section of the Spending Plan, however, I'm able to see the separate Categories in Reports, etc. 

It's also important to link the transaction to the Reminder before splitting it, as linking it will undo any splits and will cause the transaction to default to the Category used for the Recurring Series setup. 

I hope this helps! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.