Venmo issues!

Sydsef
Sydsef Member
edited August 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
I continue to have Venmo issues connecting.  I am able to login in to Venmo on my app and online.  Then I enter the same credentials on Simplifi and it gives me a connect error FDP-8400.  I don't see any posts about Venmo issues.  Any ideas?  thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Sydsef,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Venmo in Simplifi.

It looks like we have an emerging issue with Venmo returning 106 errors with a Community Alert available here: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3553/new-7-12-22-venmo-returns-a-106-error/p1?new=1

With that said, I am seeing that you were receiving a 106 error as of a couple of days ago, and are more recently receiving the FDP-8400 error. For the 8400 error, we do want to allow at least a few days for the error to self-resolve. It's possible that the 8400 error is being caused by the known issue with Venmo, however, please let us know if the 8400 error continues to persist after a couple more days, and we can take a closer look at that time.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • Murphybp2
    Murphybp2 Member ✭✭
    @Coach Natalie I'm able to login to Venmo, but every time I launch the mobile app Venmo texts me a security code that I have to enter. This doesn't seem to happen on my laptop.  Is this part of the same problem or something different?
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Murphybp2,

Thanks for reaching out!

The referenced Alert is for a 106 error specifically. When it comes to MFA requests, these are made by the bank directly, and we don't have any control over them, unfortunately. More details on this can be found here

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.