Issues with transactions dates for Wells Fargo transactions (edited)

Steve86
Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
I have a cable/internet bill from frontier setup for autopay. 

According to Simplifi it posted on 3/1 

however one my banks website it posted on 2/28
on the frontier website it posted on 2/25

im just curious where Simplifi is pulling the 3/1 it gets confusing when the bills get applied to the wrong month

attaching screenshot from Simplifi 

Attaching a screenshot from Frontier

Screenshot from bank

[edited images to reduce size]

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Steve86,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

As far as I'm aware, Simplifi will use the "cleared" date for downloaded transactions. Looking at your screenshots, you can determine this by viewing the "Appears on your statement as..." info that's displayed at the bottom of the transaction, which shows a date of March 1st. To determine this with certainty, I'd suggest comparing the transactions in Simplifi to your bank statement once it becomes available.

I hope this helps, but please be sure to let us know if you have any additional questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    That is why I am little confused.

The second screenshot is date the payment was applied from the Frontier website

The third screenshots is the date the payment cleared from banking website

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @Steve86,

Thanks for posting back!

I'd suggest checking your actual bank statement once it becomes available. Please let us know if you see a difference in the date at that time! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    Hi  @Coach Natalie  Confirmed on my bank statement that transaction cleared on 2/28

• Coach Natalie
    edited March 2022
    Hello @Steve86,

Thanks for confirming!

Do you have a screenshot of the bank statement showing that the transaction in question has a different date than the "Appears on your statement as..." info that's displayed in Simplifi, by chance? 

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    Screenshot attached   thank you!

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @Steve86,

Thank you for the screenshot!

I've discussed this with my Team a bit and we'd like to go ahead and escalate it to see if there's anything that can be done from our end. With that being said, I do need to know the name of the account that the transaction resides in, as it appears in Simplifi.

Also, just to confirm -- since I can't see the actual date of the transaction in Simplifi (just the "Appears on your statement as..." date), the date of the transaction shows as March 1st in Simplifi, correct? :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    It hits my everyday checking account from Wells Fargo.
    Yep it has a date of March 1st. As opposed to the February 28th so it throws off my spending plan a bit.

This bill pay is bank draft using routing/account numbers so it takes a couple of days to clear. It’s almost like Simplifi is using the date which the transaction shows up against my account as opposed to the date in which the transactions clear.

• Ccorock
    Ccorock Member ✭✭
    @Steve86 We are having date discrepencies with Wells Fargo accounts too. Along with no pending transactions. 
    If only Simplifi would work a week straight. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Steve86,

Thanks for confirming the account!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-3503
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Steve86,

Thank you for your patience as this is being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team that this issue should now be resolved -- would you mind taking a look in Simplifi and confirming, please? :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @Steve86,

Were you able to take a look at this by chance? Please let me know! 

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Steve86,

I just wanted to check back one last time before closing out the escalation. Please be sure to let me know if you're still seeing an issue!

-Coach Natalie
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Natalie, I’ll monitor. These bills don’t hit until the end of the month so I keep an eye out
  • Coach Natalie
    Hey again @Steve86!

Were you able to determine if this issue is still occurring, by chance? Please let me know, thank you!

-Coach Natalie
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Natalie, I still see a discrepancy. 

The transaction shows up on the bank website with a date of 4/29, however in Simplifi it is dated at 4/30
    i checked both the iOS app and the web portal. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Steve86,

Thanks for letting me know, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists.

I went ahead and let the Team know that the issue is still occurring and will post back as soon as another update is received. 

-Coach Natalie
  • ramza1011
    ramza1011 Member ✭✭
    Hi @Coach Natalie, I'm also having this same issue with all Wells Fargo accounts - every transaction is marked a day later in Simplifi than the Posting date on WF. I also have a Mint account watching these, and Mint has the dates right, but Simplifi does not.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @ramza1011,

Thank you for letting us know that you're also seeing this issue with Wells Fargo in Simplifi, although I'm sorry to hear that this is occurring for you as well.

If you'd like to provide specific examples, I'd be happy to add your information to the existing ticket for this issue. If so, we would need a few example transactions with the Date, Payee, and Amount, as well as the name of the account that the transactions reside in, as it appears in Simplifi.

Please also provide a screenshot of your bank statement (it needs to be the actual statement, not your transaction activity) showing the transactions in question, as well as comparison screenshots of the transactions in Simplifi showing the "Appears on your statement as..." info. 

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @ramza1011

Thank you for your patience as this is being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team stating that the issue with incorrect Wells Fargo transaction dates should be resolved. Would you mind taking a look in Simplifi and confirming, please? 

-Coach Natalie
  • ramza1011
    ramza1011 Member ✭✭
    Hi @Coach Natalie, unfortunately, I can confirm on multiple accounts that the issue is NOT fixed. The error still persists on multiple accounts, as I saw transactions listed for today that should have been listed as yesterday (and are correctly listed as yesterday in Mint).
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @ramza1011,

Thanks for getting back to me, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists.

Would you mind providing a few specific example transactions that this is occurring with, please? We'll need the Date, Payee, and Amount that is displayed in Simplifi for the examples, as well as what the Date should be. 

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • ramza1011
    ramza1011 Member ✭✭
    @Coach Natalie is there a secure place to send such info, or do you need to just ping me on the side or something? In principle, I'm happy to provide that, but that'd be pretty sensitive stuff for me to put here.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited September 2022
    Hello @ramza1011,

Yes, you can either DM it to me here in the Community, or I can email you a link to our Secure File Exchange. :smile:

Also, it looks like @Steve86 was part of this escalation as well -- so sorry for missing you the first time around, @Steve86! Are you still seeing an issue? Or can you confirm that it's been resolved, please? If not, please also provide us with a few specific examples so I can reopen the ticket. 

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @ramza1011,

Thank you for providing a screenshot with some example transactions!

I have gone ahead and reopened the ticket and will be sure to post back once an update is received, or if any further info is needed.

@Steve86 -- it looks like you were actually the original reporting user for this issue. Would you mind taking a look at your Wells Fargo transactions in Simplifi to see if you're still seeing the issue, please? The more examples we have, the better! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    I will check this week thank yo
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @Steve86,

Were you able to take a look at this, by chance? Please let us know, thank you!

-Coach Natalie
  • ramza1011
    ramza1011 Member ✭✭
    Hey @Coach Natalie, has there been a recent update on this bug?
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @ramza1011,

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, there is no further update to provide at this time. As soon as there is one, I'll be sure to let you know. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.