Planned Spending Progress Bar is Backwards on Mobile (edited)

Options
zphillips
zphillips Member
edited March 14 in Feedback

Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere, I tried searching.

The spending plan progress bars don’t match with the values above them. Not a big deal, but it is confusing on quick glance and, in my opinion, should be changed.

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm guessing the next work day (*thanksgiving week, unclear when) one of the coaches will convert this to an idea post, if they do, i might vote for it.

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@zphillips

Interesting, I’ve never noticed this; don’t pay close attention to the Spending Plan. Not sure if it’s a bug or by design, but assuming that the green is what’s left, it would make sense that the $32.52 would be listed on the right.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited November 2023
    Options

@zphillips, @RobWilk, & @Flopbot, I'm not sure that this is a bug, as the green part may be actually representing the "of" amount in the bottom right, as that's pretty much how this data is displayed on the Web App. But, I do think the "left" and "spent" labels at the top are visually confusing compared to what you see in the progress bar graph, so I went ahead and reported it as a bug to see what they say. I'll let you all know when I hear back!

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-18797

• zphillips
    Options

The “of” part on the bottom right is the total budgeted amount, which would be the total length of the bar.

If the team is open to suggestions, I personally think the colors themselves don’t read as clear as they could. I’m a Mint refugee, so I’m sure part of it is just being more accustom to their interface, but I think in this instance their alignment and colorization just read better.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As I'd interpret it…

• "32.52 left" = green bar
    • "$17.48 spent" = blue bar
    • "of $50" = blue bar + green bar

@zphillips is right that the left and spent numbers are on the wrong side…or perhaps the colors are on the wrong side. When I think about it, it makes a little more sense to switch the numbers instead of the colors since what's left is left AFTER spending the money first.

Regarding the colors, I don't have a strong opinion, although I do have to admit that this color scheme is a bit more intuitive.

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, a fix for this is expected with the 4.16.0 Mobile Release.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, it looks like they changed the colors on the Mobile App for the Planned Spending progress bars, but it still looks wrong to me. Is it just me?

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19
    Options

Still looks off to me - the numbers look inverted. Just like image above by Flopbot. I used the Mobile App in Android version 4.17

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19
    Options

@Coach Natalie

This is a new screenshot from Simplifi Mobile 4.16.1. The numbers - NOT the status bar - are still backwards. Note that in this screenshot, $20.47 is less than $39.53 so the smaller number should go on the light blue side of the status bar which is also shorter. The $39.53 matches to the dark blue which is bigger.

In Simplifi's fix, I wouldn't want the progress bar to be flipped; just reverse the $'s on top.

As feedback on the color change, I like the two shades of blue better…good UX. This color scheme makes more visual sense than the blue and the green which just seemed randomly picked.

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the clarification @Flopbot - status bar is correct but numbers are inverted. I was too lazy to take another screenshot.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

I reopened the ticket and will let you all know when I hear back. 😀

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-18797

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Coach Natalie. I agree with @Flopbot - the fix is "I wouldn't want the progress bar to be flipped; just reverse the $'s on top."

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

A new fix for this is expected with the 4.18.0 Mobile Release. I'm not sure what the fix will be, but we shall find out!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just installed the 4.18 mobile release and this fix is in. 😊

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Much better!