Honest Review: Disappointing Product. Negative Experience with Customer Support

Options
Mary G
Mary G Member
edited March 8 in Feedback

I have had Simplifi for few months and my experience has been extremely disappointing. I moved over after mint shut down. In Simplifi, a few of my accounts, I have not been able to add. Additionally, my accounts constantly need to be reconnected. I have contacted customer support over and over again for MONTHS and their answer is that my bank (BCU) won't share data (which is not what my bank says which shares data with other similar companies and posts exisits about others being able to get BCU to connect). Customer Support has been absolutely 0 help. I highly advise against moving over to Simplifi. [removed] (which is free!) is okay but much better than Simplifi. Hear great things about [removed] (however it's expensive).

Comments

• elliem
    elliem Member
    edited February 8
    Options

I am sad to hear this. My accounts are recognized by [removed]. I chose to sign up with Simplify to monitor my Spending account with my spouse. If I can't do this through the program than it is worthless and Simplify has helped waste money rather than save it. I have spoken to customer service once and sent a request to add the logon link to my bank onlinebanking.mtb.com once. It would be nice it they can add it otherwise really useless.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mary G

I'm sorry to hear you have had such a negative experience with Quicken Simplifi. I'm a user like yourself and have been using Quicken Simplifi for 2 years. Q-Simplifi has been a great tool for me to plan and track my personal finances. I certainly don't want to discount your disappointment as it sounds like you have had a lot of difficulties getting set up, just want to share my own experience.

I have had quite the opposite experience from yours. All my financial institutions have connected and been stable for the full time I've been a subscriber. Even when some of them switched over to the OAuth connection protocol my reconnect has been successful. The one exception is that when one of my banks made the switch it took 3 or 4 days for the bank to get the new protocol functioning without any glitches.

I have also found Q-Simplifi's customer support to be exceptional however, since I have not had the issues you describe, my experience with customer support has been mostly in this forum.

Again, so sorry your experience has been less than satisfying and hope you find an adequate replacement for your former personal finance management tool.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Blockman
    Blockman Member
    edited February 9
    Options

I really like Simplifi and think it is a great value for the price. Yes, I want some things improved like a Credit Score, All Categories displayed on the screen instead of everything else and a feature like Empower where my investment allocations are analyzed. I hope the developers continue to improve the software because once Simplifi does everything Empower does and provides 100% display of all categories the software is worth double what I am currently paying. The users on this community are fantastic for improvement ideas like "hiding Net worth" in a public situation or showing certain family members the account. Overall, I am very satisfied with Simplifi but still hoping the developers keep pushing the envelope. Also, Customer support is excellent and I spoke with a representative over the phone for 15 minutes on a Saturday morning.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with customer support being top notch. I got fast responses in this community and via the chat. I even got a same day call back!

Other competitors only send bot responses to tickets and then close them without solving the user's issue.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.