2FA and Apple Safari (Mac)

Options
Jake Pratt
Jake Pratt Member
edited March 1 in Feedback

Is there any chance Simplfi will support the native KeyChain Password entry for Safari. My bank requires me to use 2FA every time I sync and when I receive the codes they don't show in the dropdown in safari. I suspect its simply a matter of renaming the form field so safari knows its the response code?

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Jake Pratt, thanks for posting to the Community!

To clarify, is this something that used to work and no longer does, or is it functionality you'd like to see added? Can you also confirm what exactly you're referring to and how it works, please? Is this similar to my phone allowing me to auto-copy and paste MFA codes that come in via text to whatever I'm trying to sign into? If so, are you looking to use it for bank MFA specifically, or when signing into the Quicken Simplifi App itself?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Jake Pratt
    Options

Thanks for responding. No…this not a new issue…I think its more of a feature request. I'm a happy new user of Quicken so not sure if it worked before now.

Yes, your description is almost exactly what I am looking for. Much like on the iPhone, when using Safari on a Mac, MFA codes show up in a small drop down on the form field when they arrive on most websites. In my case using quicken, this is each time I sync my transactions with my bank (most every day) and not when logging into Quicken. My bank unfortunately seems to require a new MFA code every day (Bank of Oklahoma) making this a minor but every day occurrence for me. Ironically, AFTER I sync, the "Search Transactions" form on the transaction activity panel DOES show the MFA code. I'm assuming it's related to the form field name but have not dug into the HTML.

Not a huge deal but a tiny delighter for the Mac community if its easy to get working.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Jake Pratt, thanks for confirming!

It looks like we have another user who recently requested this ability via an Idea post:

I'd suggest adding your vote and feedback, and then following the post for updates. I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.