Auto-fill MFA code on Mac

Options
markv
markv Member
edited February 1 in Feature Requests

Another very minor issue:

One of my accounts requires multi-factor authentication via a PIN which is sent by text message. On Mac, the browser will recognize that a PIN has been sent and then auto-populate the input dialog with that PIN (it will also delete the text message which is super handy).

For whatever reason, it doesn't work on Simplifi. I believe the modal which pops up where you enter the PIN isn't recognized. Once I manually enter the PIN, it then auto-fills in the "search transactions" window. :)

Not sure if this is an issue with Simplifi or Apple, but would be great if it worked as expected. In case it helps, it works on mobile perfectly. Thanks!

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Jake Pratt
    Options

Would like to second this. While this works great with the phone app, Safari on the Mac doesn't seem to recognize the PIN when it comes in. In my case, my bank requires a new MFA value every day when I sync so while minor, it's a nice to have feature that works on most (but not all) other financial and login pages.

The behavior I see is exactly what you see….doesn't show on the confirmation dialog and then shows the PIN dropdown on the Search Transactions panel.