Show Planned Spending in a row format/condensed view of Planned Spending items (edited)

Options
stmoore23
stmoore23 Member
edited April 2023 in Feature Requests

First of all, I have really been enjoying using Simplifi and it's been a nice break from the spreadsheets! Ironically, one thing that I miss is being able to see each category of planned spending in a row format. The circle charts are nice but, if you have quite a few planned spending categories, it's difficult to see how you're doing in each category at a glance. I'd be curious to see if anyone else feels the same way and if there's been any thought given to adding something like that.

11 votes

Completed · Last Updated

We have added a list view to Planned Spending that is now live in Early Access, and will be live to everyone soon!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hello @stmoore23,

Thanks for taking the time to visit the Community and post this!

Although I'm not currently aware of any plans to implement anything like this in the Spending Plan, I went ahead and turned this into an Idea post so that other Users can vote on it, and our Product Team can review it. Please be sure to add your vote as well! ;)

-Coach Natalie
  • bbgirl
    bbgirl Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Would like the ability to view the spending plan like a list rather than the large tiles. currently, it's hard to get eyes on all categories in a quick look.
  • bbertchie
    bbertchie Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree - would make it easier to do a quick analysis
  • Coach Natalie
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hello @bbgirl,

Thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

It sounds like you may be referring to Planned Spending specifically. If so, we have an existing Idea post requesting the same list view available [removed self-referencing link to merged thread]. Please confirm whether this is the same thing you're looking for so we can merge the posts and votes accordingly. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • rodsan
    rodsan Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    This would be nice since conversations will be around this, a lot. lol.

In other words, a condensed list of this information.
  • Diver4242
    Diver4242 Member ✭✭
    Options

I would also like this view to be more condensed. How can I upvote this? When will it happen? This doesn't seem as a hard thing to do programmatically, it's just a display thing (former software engineer here).

• christineluo
    Options

Also would prefer a list view for the Planned Spending instead of the large boxes.

• kents
    kents Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I totally agree.

• evan232
    Options

Agreed!

• exmintuser1
    Options

+1 please a condensed view is really needed I have like 30 budget categories right now its not usable for me

• Chrobrego
    Chrobrego Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I really hate the spending plan layout. The main problem is the category boxes ARE HUGE!!!! This seems like really bad design as they use SO MUCH white space and make it difficult to see your budget. I literally have to scroll through four screens to see it all. I SHOULD be able to see my entire budget on a single screen.

SUGGESTION: reduce the size of the category boxes in the spending plan so more real estate is used to show data.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Check out this idea, which I believe fits your request. This one is in progress.

[removed link to merged thread]

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Lauren123
    Options

I would love the ability to view the spending plan in a list format rather than the large tiles. Just a simple monthly list format similar to what I've attached below. Then you can quickly glance and see where you are for the month rather than having to scroll through so many large tiles. It would be great if you could also click on a particular category to see what exactly what was spent.

• dc91765
    Options

Don't like the default setting showing cards moving around the page. Would much rather have a list (kind of like how Mint did)

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

This idea has already been posted. Vote for it here. The idea is planned for implementation, completion date TBD.

[removed link to merged thread]

Minter 2014-2023

• MAK
    MAK Member
    Options

agree with the above. Need an option for a more compact view as an option to the large tiles. List, stacked view like Mint.

• alecbudgeting
    Options

I, too, would like to see the spend planned laid out in a table, with each spend plan category just being a row in the table. There's no need for the planned spend categories to be such huge boxes where you have to scroll up and down so much. Please improve this. Thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

This is what it will look like on the Mobile App!

• Coach Natalie
    edited April 19
    Options

The list view is live in Early Access on both Mobile and Web. Let us know what you all think! 🎉

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I like the list view of planned spending on the web app. Any update as to when the planned spending summary will be available, as shown on the screenshot below?

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@UrsulaA, thanks for the inquiry!

As soon as we learn any news on the Planned Spending Summary, we'll be sure to update the Idea post for that feature accordingly.

-Coach Natalie