Ability to mark a 'Cleared' transaction as 'Pending' (edited)

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in Feature Requests
I'm at a point where, with my Z-Fold phone (Samsung), I can do most of my work with  Simplifi (and others) from the app on the phone.

The one thing I noticed that is missing, is the ability to mark a transaction as Cleared and Pending.  This is particularly a problem when a bank has applied a transaction to the balance and for whatever reason the transaction is not fully 'cleared' yet -- because Simplifi may duplicate the transaction value for the balance when it sees it both on bank balance already and as a pending transaction.  *this is not common* for the banks, but I've had a few transactions at two differrent banks where this was the case.

Rob Wilkens

9 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

To clarify, the ability to mark a 'Pending' transaction as 'Cleared' already exists on both the Simplifi Mobile App and the Web App. To do so from the Mobile App, you would need to select the transaction and then scroll to the very bottom:

When it comes to marking a 'Cleared' transaction as 'Pending', this ability is also the same on both Mobile and Web and is something that is unable to be performed. With that being said, I have gone ahead and edited this Idea post to request just the ability to mark a 'Cleared' transaction as 'Pending'.

I hope this helps! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • hola123
    hola123 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    This is an important feature to have for me, is there any update on this?

Edit: I think this can be accomplished by editing the transaction date to the future. This puts it back in the cashflow projections, at least.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @hola123,

Thanks for the inquiry, though there's no update to provide on this request as of yet. Please be sure to continue following along here for future updates! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had a transaction download as 'cleared', but the receiving end also was marked cleared even though it was not received at the receiving end yet. I could not unmark it as cleared.

I suspect I'll have to recreate this downloaded transaction to fix this manually.

From the number of votes, I'm guessing this will be marked as "never gonna happen" and periodically I'll just have to work around it,

Rob Wilkens

• NoDough
    NoDough Member
    Options

+1.. I just accidentally marked a pending transaction as cleared, and need to switch it back, but cannot