Remember expanded/collapsed state of Accounts List, Transactions, & other elements (edited)

Options
Sstrico
Sstrico Member ✭✭✭
edited February 13 in Feature Requests

I'd like to see the ability to choose whether to show the accounts list as collapsed or expanded.  Currently, every account is shown, which can be a long list.  I'd like to be able to have the default view as collapsed by category, so I can just open the account type(s) that I want or need.

56 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I searched and didn't find a single post about this, so I'm wondering if someone is just using different terminology. It's hard for me to imagine this isn't driving everyone who uses Simplifi a little crazy.

If I'm looking at my transactions and collapse one of the categories in the Accounts sidebar, it should stay collapsed forever until I expand it. This goes for the whole Account sidebar itself, the Upcoming section above Transaction Activity, and literally everywhere in the UI that is user-configurable. User-configurable views should always preserve state.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @khad,

Thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

Although I couldn't find any existing requests quite like this one, I did find a request to remember the collapsed state of the Projected Cash Flow that you may be interested in adding your vote and feedback to. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Upvoted! I'd love to see state preserved everywhere in the UI. If I collapse or expand something, it should stay where I put it until I change it again. I filed a slightly broader request for that: 

[removed link to merged thread]

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks! I upvoted those and cross-referenced them in case it helps anyone else.
  • pst
    pst Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    9 times out of 10, I go to transactions and this is the first thing I do. This would save me a loooooooooot of time over the years. 
  • pst
    pst Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, please please please. This would save time and remove extra clicks 
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I would like to see this idea implemented including remembering my choices for accounts to show in cash flow chart instead of defaulting to showing ALL accounts.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @DannyB,

Thanks for the feedback!

I'd suggest also adding your vote and feedback here for the ability to save the account selections made on the Upcoming>Cash Flow page. 

-Coach Natalie
  • JeffinVA
    Options

I don't know if this is a feature request or possibly a bug, but it would be nice if when you collapse an account group that it would stay collapsed. For instance I don't need to see all the details of Assets or Liabilities all the time under the accounts column but yet the second I navigate away or come back they are all expanded again.

• pawebb
    pawebb Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Whenever you load a page, all options are selected or sections are expanded. On pages with accounts or transactions, the sections are expanded. On pages like Cash Flow, all accounts and assets are selected. I don't see the value of seeing my car or house listed in cash flow so I always uncheck those.

I would like for a user's selections to stick. So for accounts, if I collapse some accounts or transaction sections they stay collapsed and similar with selections for Cash Flow and other reporting.

Similar post.

• Coach Natalie
    Options
  • khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

After leaving Simplifi last year and now returning (thanks to the impending Mint shutdown), I was dismayed to see this problem persists.

I go to Transactions. I collapse the accounts list (or "close the account bar" as the tooltip says). I click anywhere else and come back to Transactions, the list of accounts is expanded.

Why is this reset every single time I come back to it? It's like someone coming and pulling out all the drawers in the kitchen every time I turn around after closing them all. Please stop fighting me, Simplifi. I put things where I want them. Stop moving them.

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Great analogy. I fully support giving the customer what they want…Its very sad seeing ideas go years without action.

It's no wonder this app has so few users and a 2.9 rating in the Google play store.

The app needs what the customers want. Not excuses why the app is deficient, or statements that they are working on it, in some cases 3.5 years. Or sending you in circles to support/view similar ideas/discussions that only exemplify the app needs work.

I'd like to see this idea expanded with an option to eliminate groups altogether, and remember it until user changes it back.

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

• Tomasu
    Tomasu Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

It'd be great to remember states of different UI components. It's nice that you can minimize some sections or details that you don't need, but it's a bit annoying to redo that every single time. A few examples

• account section on dashboard
    • projected cash flows on accounts
    • sections on the spending plan

• taylor314
    Options

I just migrated from Mint to Simplifi - the most frustrating part of the Simplifi UX so far is that the collapsed / expanded status of items within the Accounts panel list is not retained when I change pages. I would like to minimize a subset of the categories that do not change often, and have them kept minimized as a navigate the site or between sessions.

• rubles_mere.0e
    rubles_mere.0e Member
    edited January 26
    Options

Hi, I have a lot of accounts in Simplifi and the list on the left gets long. I can collapse some areas, but every time I open the web app again, those settings are reset and the complete list is shown. It would be great, if the setting could be "remembered" or if there could be a setting whether an area is by default collapsed or expanded.

Thanks for considering!

• Rog
    Rog Member
    Options

there are times when I need to minimize the information of a number of months so I can easily compare information in a recent month with one that is long ago. However, when I select a different account and then return to the account with minimize months, it expanded them and I have to minimize them again. Very frustrating!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

To clarify, do you mean minimizing months on the transaction list when sorted by date? On the screen below, if you collapsed December 2023, the system should remember that when going to another account. Is that right?

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• dflick356
    Options

I too would very much like to be able to have the default view of accounts collapsed to just show the account category.

• Mach1Pony
    Mach1Pony Member
    edited March 10
    Options

[Removed]. It seems every app is missing one thing you need. I like Rules. Empower doesn't have them. I like Zillow. Simplifi doesn't have that in the cheap version. [Removed] Mint was great. Why did it shut down?