Account Transfers downloaded transactions not recognized

Options
Strahan001
Strahan001 Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Report a Bug
I have setup various transactions within savings accounts to deposit into a primary checking account. When the transactions are downloaded via the sync process, only one side of the transaction is being recognized.  Meaning that one side is left in a pending state and a new transaction is created within the savings account.  The only way to fix is to delete one transaction and manually fix.  I have done testing and found that recurring transactions that are exactly the same work just fine.  It is the one off adhoc entries that are the problem has anyone seen this?
Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Strahan001

I'm not exactly clear on what you are seeing with these transfers.  I do have a recurring transfer from a checking account going into an investment account where the transfer from the checking account side is cleared but on the investment account side it remains pending.  Not sure if this is the same problem you are describing or not.  All my other transfers clear on both sides whether they are recurring or one off ad hoc.

Have you tried opening the transaction detail to see if you can mark the pending transaction as cleared?
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Strahan001
    Strahan001 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Let me try to explain it a bit more clearly.

I have a primary checking account and a christmas savings account.  I have a recurring transaction that goes from the primary checking to the christmas account every month.  No issues, when I sync the transactions are recognized.  It is now christmas time and I am transferring the money from the christmas account to my primary checking.  I create the transaction, so it is two sided, the debit from the Christmas account and the credit to the primary checking.  I sync'd this am and the two transactions created are recognized, however a third transaction is created from the Christmas account to the primary checking.  Note the screenshot. 

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Strahan001,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi. 

To better understand the issue, please provide the following information:
    1. When manually creating the transaction, did you use a Linked Transfer to where you were prompted to create the transaction in the "to" account when creating the transaction in the "from" account?
    2. If so, were both sides of the Linked Transfer matched to the bank downloaded transactions? 
    3. Are both of the accounts with the same bank or different banks? 
    4. Are either of the transactions in question linked to a Recurring Reminder?
    5. Have you attempted to delete the extra duplicate transaction? 
    Honestly, if this behavior has only occurred once, I'd suggest manually correcting it. You may do so by deleting the extra duplicate transaction. If Simplifi is giving an error when attempting to do so, you may want to just delete all 3 transactions and then manually recreate your Linked Transfer. 

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • Strahan001
    Strahan001 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @Coach Natalie

Please see my replies below

1. When manually creating the transaction, did you use a Linked Transfer to where you were prompted to create the transaction in the "to" account when creating the transaction in the "from" account?  Yes, when the entry was created I was prompted to create a corresponding transaction
    2. If so, were both sides of the Linked Transfer matched to the bank downloaded transactions? Yes, they lined up and were linked and matched
    3. Are both of the accounts with the same bank or different banks? Same bank
    4. Are either of the transactions in question linked to a Recurring Reminder? No, these are one off transactions
    5. Have you attempted to delete the extra duplicate transaction? I did not delete the extra transaction as I wanted to understand why the duplicate transaction was appearing, this is something that I have been testing to understand and attempt to duplicate, I am able to duplicate this consistently. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Strahan001,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

To clarify, if this has occurred more than once, have you ever tried deleting the duplicate transaction, or do you still have it/them in your account register? If you have tried deleting one of the duplicates, are you able to do so successfully? Also, are either of the duplicate transactions "Pending", by chance?

I'd suggest taking a look over our Support Article here to troubleshoot duplicate transactions and identify the entry method for each of the duplicates. If you determine that both of the duplicate transactions were downloaded from the bank and both are marked as "Cleared" and have the same exact "Appears on your statement as..." info, we can definitely take a look at escalating the issue. 

If you are able to delete one of the duplicates, you may consider resolving it that way for an instant resolution, however, we can definitely escalate it as well and allow some time to see what the Product Team determines. If you would like to escalate it, you'll want to provide screenshots of the Transaction Detail view for both of the duplicate transactions that show the "Appears on your statement as..." info. Having more than one example would also be greatly appreciated. 

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • Strahan001
    Strahan001 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie

Replies to your queries below

1. Has this occurred more than once, yes it is consistent in its occurrence and I am able to duplicate it at the drop of a hat. 
    2. The way to fix it is to delete the duplicate transaction, as it is not tied to anything, and that is what I have been doing, however based on how the system is setup and how it works with recurring transactions that third transaction should not appear. 
    3. The duplicate is a pending transaction and never comes out of that state
    4. I will review the support article and circle back with this thread on my findings. 
    Thank you
  • Strahan001
    Strahan001 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie
          I went through the documentation that was provided and all it really does is prove the point that the transactions are duplicated and tagged as such.  Please find attached details of how the transactions were setup and how they were seen coming into the register.  Thank you look forward to your feedback.

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Strahan001,

Thanks for taking a look at the steps in the Support Article and posting back!

When viewing your screenshots, it looks like one of the duplicate transactions was downloaded from the bank and the other one was manually entered (you can determine this from the lack of "Appears on your statement as info..." for the manually entered transaction), so the bank downloaded transaction must not have properly matched to the manual entry. 

According to the troubleshooting steps, to resolve this particular scenario, you'll want to either merge the two transactions or delete one of the duplicates. 

Sorry for not having a better answer for you, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.