When bulk editing transactions, don't automatically mark them as 'Reviewed' (edited)

Options
lovetobudget
lovetobudget Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Feature Requests
As I go through transactions, I usually filter it by "not reviewed" so I only have to see the items I haven't looked over yet. Whenever I make a bulk edit to any category, it automatically marks it as "reviewed" and it disappears from my list. This is frustrating because usually I need to make multiple changes to a group of items, some of them bulk changes and some of them individual.  

The way I intuitively make my adjustments is by starting with Payee on the left and moving left to right, Payee, Category, Notes. If I make a bulk change on Payee, the whole group disappears because now it is "reviewed" (even though i did not mark it as reviewed). 

I would rather manually mark items (or groups of items) as reviewed, rather than the program deciding that because i made a bulk edit, all the transactions are verified and done.
8 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @lovetobudget,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this behavior!

I was able to confirm that this behavior is by design and is not a bug. With that said, I did go ahead and turn this into an Idea post requesting that transactions not be automatically marked as 'Reviewed' when bulk editing so other users can vote on it and our Product Team can review it. 

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    +1 from me!  I use the ‘Reviewed’ circles to do a mock-reconciliation - of sorts - when the bank statements arrive.  I always end up having to uncheck 5 or 6 transactions before I beginning to check them all off again because Simplifi auto completed them.

Slightly annoying, not the end of the world.

Ideally in my mind, the ‘Reviewed’ circles wouldn’t actually get marked until the user physically marks them as such.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Flopbot said:
    Ideally in my mind, the ‘Reviewed’ circles wouldn’t actually get marked until the user physically marks them as such.
    Agree entirely! “Reviewed” should always be a deliberate and manual action. 
  • MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree with the feedback here. I now don't use that bulk edit because of this behavior. 

To satisfy both camps, perhaps there should be an option in the bulk edit modal that lets the user decide whether the mass edit operations result in “Reviewed” transactions or not.