Add "remaining value" to Watchlist cards (edited)

Options
derickj2004
derickj2004 Member
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

When shopping at the store, it would be great if the spending watchlist cards in my app would have a "remaining" value so I know how much I have left to spend to stay within my target.

16 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think this is a great idea, and I'm adding my vote to help get things started. Thanks for the suggestion!

• derickj2004
    derickj2004 Member
    Options

Thanks, Coach!

• PatrickTheBrewer
    Options
    Yes please add this!
  • Mrsterry
    Mrsterry Member ✭✭
    Options
    Would love this!

• leandrotoledo
    Options
    +1. IMO "Remaining" would add more value than "Projected" in the Watchlist cards. 
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi all, it might be helpful to note that you do have this function in Planned Spending.  I suppose it could be added to the Watch List but Spending Plan is readily available from both the Dashboard and the side/dropdown menu to track you spending for a given month.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • PatrickTheBrewer
    Options
    DannyB. The difference is the Watchlist with tags can be used to track a "bucket" or sum of money over multiple months or years where as the Planned Spending feature is just for a monthly budget expense.
  • leandrotoledo
    leandrotoledo Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    After @DannyB's comment, I gave the Spending Plan a try... My observations:
    • It takes three clicks (same on phone) to get to a view that would be similar to the Watchlist; and see every card in one page rather than using the Dashboard and the navigation arrows.
    • You can't set emojis in the cards; which I thought it was a nice visual-aid on the Watchlist cards.
    • There's either a bug or I'm doing something wrong because when I created my third Spending Plan, it doesn't show the transactions for this month, but if you go to "Last 6 months", it shows the lump sum for this month. And I know there are transactions for sure...
    • And like @PatrickTheBrewer mentioned, yearly budgets, like "Vacation", work well on the Watchlist but I couldn't reproduce it in the Spending Plan.
    Overall, as an user, I'm still confused by the differences between the Watchlist and Spending Plan. There's some overlap in the features and the App doesn't make it super clear the advantages of one over the other.

[edited images to reduce size]
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @leandrotoledo,

Thanks for posting!

In regards to your Planned Spending Items not including transactions and showing $0 spent, we do have a known issue surrounding this: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3108/new-3-24-22-issues-with-planned-spending-not-updating-to-include-recent-transactions/p1?new=1

Additionally, since this post is for a feature request specifically, I'd suggest creating a separate post(s) in the proper Community category for any additional issues or inquiries that you may have so that we can further assist you from there.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/

We appreciate your understanding! 

-Coach 
  • vollmas
    vollmas Member ✭✭
    Options

Please add this feature! My wife and I use the watchlists to keep daily track of our budget categories via tagging, and while we can do the math in our head, having a glancible view of the remaining amount would be extremely helpful!