menu screens - they don't resize for actual avail display size

Options
ps56k
ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Getting Started

was looking at adding a reminder - but the sub menu might be larger than the actual display screen, so can't see the top or bottom - and no scrolling -

tried to add screenshot - but since new user… can't do it yet -

Comments

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I was tryinig to create a new Reminder and received a menu screen that is larger than my avail windows screen….
    it is off the top and off the bottom - and no scrolling -
    so not sure what actions or info is displayed at top/bottom

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A work-around for this is to zoom out with your browser. Cmd "-" on mac, I think it's Ctrl "-" on windows. You can also use your browser's menu to control the zoom.

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ps56k, what device are you using? Mobile? Computer?

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

laptop - web - MS Edge or Firefox

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To illustrate the problem the Quicken developers have (and I'm glad I'm not them), my screens (laptop and desktop) are 2560x1600, so 4 of your screens fit on one of mine. Though, as you are probably aware, at the higher resolutions (high dpi), the fonts stay about the same size on the screen but just get more detailed (easier on the eyes), so you may still have to play with zoom at the higher res screens as well.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ps56k, is this the same issue you reported here? If not, are you now able to upload a screenshot so we can get a clearer idea of what's going on?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

same issue with the - View Transaction - except has scroll bar - but to nowhere…. since top/bottom still obscured -

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah - you can Merge …

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can get the full view of the extra screen by using ZOOM -

had to ZOOM OUT by 67% to view the top/bottom of the View Transaction

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ps56k, thanks for posting, and I'm sorry to hear of your experience with this!

Yes, I think the solution for smaller screens is to reduce the zoom; we have some other discussions on this:

I would suggest creating an Idea post requesting that windows such as the Create Series modal have a scrollbar added, however, it seems that in my prior testing, this did not prove to be a solution. I think zooming down is your best bet.

Let us know if you have any further questions on this!

-Coach Natalie

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

just bad design - to have action button and text BELOW the bottom of the scroll bar -

Had to zoom out to 67% to even see the UPDATE button -

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ps56k, I shared the additional feedback regarding this issue with our product team; I'll let you know if we end up needing any further info from you. I agree that this behavior needs to at least be looked at. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.