Twice a Month Income Series is skipping the next Reminder (edited)

Options
y11
y11 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Report a Bug

fwiw - I noticed there's a bug where it would skip first bimonthly paycheck in upcoming cashflow (15th and 30st each month). The workaround was to setup two independent monthly paycheck — thought worth a share.

Comments

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

New user migrating over from Mint, assuming I am doing something wrong here but for the life of me I can't figure out what.

I've been setting up my recurring items and most of them seem fine when I look at what is Upcoming. However my paycheck won't recognize that I get paid a second time this month. I am paid twice a month, and that is what I have set. It seems correct for all months in the future, but not for November (which is my first month). I keep editing it to say that my next date is Nov 30th. And it keeps ignoring that and telling me my next expected paycheck is Dec 14th. It has already recognized and linked my first paycheck of this month.

My biggest concern is that when I get paid later this week it will link to the Dec 14th item and mark that as received keeping me permanently in this same situation. If my very first month, where I joined mid month, winds up wonky then so be it.

(edit) after posting I did think of a possible cause, but still dont know how to fix it. When all of my data first imported, it wrongly listed a travel reimbursement as a paycheck. I manually edited it to the correct category. This feels like it could be the cause of being off by 1. But still doesn't explain why it is ignoring me when i tell it my next paycheck is the 30th and how to get the system back on track.

• y11
    y11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Looks like it's a bug I ran into as well. Workaround is to setup two monthly paychecks (one in 15th, one in 30th)

[removed link to merged thread]

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@y11, thanks for posting!

I haven't personally noticed any issues with my bimonthly paycheck Recurring Income Series. Instead of having 2 different Series created, have you tried just deleting the original one and recreating it to see if that clears things up for you?

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Wedo778, thanks for reaching out!

When a Reminder is linked to a transaction, you'll end up with the date of the transaction, not the Reminder. You'd then be able to view the next instance in the Series to see if it's correct. However, since you're experiencing problems with the Recurring Income Series, I'd suggest actually deleting and recreating it to see if doing so helps to clear things up for you.

Please let us know how this works for you!

-Coach Natalie

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've deleted it and recreated it and have the same issue. I noticed something when I did though, its specific to the "twice a month" option. When I set it to "every two weeks" it properly recognizes the 30th as the next date. If I edit again to be twice a month, it skips that and goes to Dec 14th (which should be the 15th but whatever).

So it seems like the bug that user y11 mentioned above. The twice a month option is busted, but only for the current month. All the future months have the proper 2 paycheck reminders in them.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Wedo778 & @y11, I was able to reproduce this now! It does appear to be unique to an Income Series and the "Twice a Month" frequency option. I got it reported and will let you both know when I hear back. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-18849

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Wedo778 & @y11, I already heard back on this issue, and apparently this is by design for the 'Twice a Month' Recurring Income frequency option. I'm not sure why, but the issue will be fixed regardless, as we are working on adding a Custom frequency option to Quicken Simplifi. You can follow along here for updates on that ability:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've had this exact problem! I followed instructions from support to set up two different monthly recurring transactions, and that seems to work fine, but I'm glad that a bug fix is in the works.

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@y11 @EL1234 Rather than do that, I just let the month roll out the way it was. Spending plan was off because it didnt show the second paycheck incoming. But December is now fine and is showing both. So the bug @Coach Natalie confirmed seems to only be in relation to that very first month when setting a paycheck to twice a month. All months after that (so far anyway) seem to have both listed.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've had the issue with transactions that weren't the first month when setting it up. It might have been specific to when the current month had less than 31 days.

• y11
    y11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Wedo778 - Yeap. TY for update. I agree this seems minor bug yet I still think it's better for Dev Team to fix as this is "EVERYONE w/ semi monthly payment" will face when they first use and get frustrated. First impression matters :)

This discussion has been closed.