Coastal Federal Credit Union returns a 106 error

Options
ScottB
ScottB Member

I can’t add my Coastal accounts to Simplifi. Coastal is my primary banking institution. Without access to these accounts, Simplifi is pretty much useless to me. I see that this is a known issue, but there has been no update in more than a week. Can you please advise on progress and an eta for resolution? Will Quicken credit me my subscription fee in the meantime?

Tagged:

Comments

• Lucy789
    Lucy789 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

This has been an ongoing issue for several weeks. Since Coastal Federal completed its update, Quicken has no longer uploaded Coastal transactions and won't let me add Coastal Federal bank accounts. There is always an error code. Please advise.

• lucasandhelena
    lucasandhelena Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I am new the Simplifi and I am having the same issue. Simplifi is useless to me if this does not get fixed, so I appreciate the quick response!

This is the error I get when trying to connect my coastal account. Yes my username & password are correct.

• mactheknife
    Options

Still seeing the issue as well .. I'm on a 30 day trial with Simplifi .. will cancel if this isn't fixed. Coastal did a major upgrade on their site a few weeks ago so its probably related to that. Some updated status from Simplifi / Quicken would be nice.

• Macd
    Options

Syncing transactions with Mint has also stopped since October 12. I assume it's all apps, not just Simplifi and Mint.

Coastal is aware and is working on it, but they also do not have an ETA.

• mactheknife
    Options

Still no update on resolving this?

• hwshivers
    Options

This known issue hasn't had an update. Please advise at the integration is still not available. If this doesn't change, I will need to go to a different application.

• MDF_023
    MDF_023 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie Coastal integration works just fine on [removed].

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

@MDF_023 They may use a different connection service which uses a different kind of connection… Simplifi now uses one of two possible connection types (1) powered by intuit, is the main connection type, (2) Some users are now getting fincity (I've seen some issues with that, it's new here so to be expected). Out there in the wild are 'plaid' and maybe some others. Just because it works on one connector, doesn't mean it will work on all.

I've tried that service, though, and didn't care for it, it didn't work for my needs. I don't remember, but there may not have been the equivalent of cash flow forecasting, maybe entering recurring bills didn't work great, or maybe overall it supported fewer accounts. Each one of the services has trade-offs and benefits. For me, Simplifi gives me what I want, even though, for example, because of lack of recurring date options i need to do more manual work than I would like.

Rob Wilkens

• rodhnc
    Options

Still not working, issue first reported in October!!! same FDP-106 today.

How can this issue be escalated?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @rodhnc,

This is a known issue that has already been escalated. I recommend following this alert to see any updates, when available, and also know when the issue is resolved:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• rodhnc
    Options

in the response to my above post, another post was mentioned, but that post is marked as a closed discussion. how will the issue ever get resolved if not being actively addressed? what has been done thusfar? is there a POC at Coastal I can contact to try to move this along to a resolution?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The post linked earlier is a Community Alert. It says that it is a known issue that is being worked on. You can follow that alert to get updates when available and know when the issue is resolved.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• dedmark1957
    Options

new to Simplifi and trying to add accounts. when trying to connect to Coastal Federal Credit union, coastal24.com, I receive a message to get a text or call to get a temporary code. No matter which one I pick, I get this message:This usually happens if an account nickname or number has changed at your bank. To fix you must reconnect your account.
    Care Code: FDP-106

• TOC2023
    TOC2023 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I got this from Coastal this morning.

Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize for the inconvenience this
    may have caused. We are still waiting for Intuit to resolve their screen
    scrapping issues so that you can successfully download your
    transactions. At this time our recommendation is to manually download
    your transactions within your Coastal online banking portal. I have
    attached the instructions on how to do this.

Again, we apologize this is taking longer than we anticipated to resolve.

• TOC2023
    Options

From the looks of this front page its not only Coastal Credit Union accounts.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, this is still a known issue:

Please follow the Alert for updates. We appreciate everyone's patience!

-Coach Natalie

• rodhnc
    Options

I spoke with Coastal's online banking department today. They repeated the response posted above by TOC2023 on Dec 18. They provided instructions to download my banking transactions in Quicken file format. Unsurprisingly, Simplifi doesn't accept Quicken format (REALLY?!), only CVS files (which Coastal does not offer).

It is ridiculous that Quicken has no solution for this over 2 months after being identified. Why would Simplifi not accept uploads of Quicken's own file format?

This discussion has been closed.