Spending Plan Not Updating/Latency Issues (edited)

Options
zlyons
zlyons Member
edited January 11 in Report a Bug

Having issues with the spending plan over the last few months. First task when I log in is always to categorize any new transactions appropriately on the Transactions tab. Then, I switch over and see how those new transactions have changed my Spending Plan balances on the 'Planned Spending' tab.

This used to be basically seamless, I would make the changes on the Transactions tab and see them immediately reflected in Spending Plan. Now, not so much…. it takes at least a couple of hours, sometimes even a day or two for the Spending Plan to reflect the changes made to the categorizations.

Thought I saw a post about this previously on this forum, but can't find it now…

Support wasn't too helpful - has anyone encountered similar behavior, and has there been any word of an official fix?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• jbrian00
    Options

i do see some latency with updating the spending plan as well. Mine usually updates within a couple hours, but I have seen it take longer. Maybe there is some background processing that runs that takes a while. Hopefully they will find a way to have these changes reflect in the spending plan sooner though.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@zlyons & @jbrian00, thanks for reaching out!

I'd suggest trying from a different browser or in incognito/private mode to see if the behavior clears up. If it does, I'd suggest clearing the cache and cookies on your regular browser for at least the Quicken Simplifi site to see if that helps out at all.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• jbrian00
    jbrian00 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I’m using the mobile app.

Today I added a monthly expense, and noticed that it added it to the planned spending section of the current month plus all future months, but it has not updated the total planned spending for the month yet, and it has been a couple hours. Also, I deleted a monthly expense series, and it took like an hour or more for it to disappear under the planned spending section.

• pcheyne
    pcheyne Member
    Options

This is a regular occurrence and so frustrating. I correct categories of recent transactions, and Simplifi won't refresh the spending plan to show the changes. Hit refresh → log out and log back in → change browsers (Both Chrome and Edge). Doesn't matter. It takes so much more time to work on budget items because of this, and it happens all too frequently. Mint never did this, so it can't be a computer problem. Please make the refresh on this software more responsive. Thank you.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Check out the responses on this thread that are relevant to this issue.

[removed link to merged thread]

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• laurel616
    Options

The thread that is linked above is marked as "answered" but it seems to still be a problem for that person. I would also like to report it as happening for myself as well.

Is there a way for us to "upvote" these bug reports to indicate that multiple people are having the issue and it needs to be investigated?

• Michelle314
    Michelle314 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I sometimes notice a significant (to me) lag between a new/updated transaction and an update in the spending plan. This morning it was a half hour. If the team could work on reducing this lag time, that would be great.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

You are right, here is another user reporting the same issue

[removed]

Like this thread and a coach will look at it.

Minter 2014-2023

• stephenjones
    Options

After I update transaction categories, these transactions are not showing up under the proper spending plan categories. Also, when I add a new spending plan category or bill, there is a significant delay before it actually shows up in the overview. This makes budgeting very difficult and time consuming. I never had this problem in Mint.

• stephenjones
    Options

I also tried the incognito window suggestion, and this did not change anything on the spending plan page. Still not showing most recent updates.

• jagtrades
    jagtrades Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I started working on my spending plan for Jan 2024. The "Bills" part is showing $-1,204.27 but when I expand the box to see what bills are due, it sais "No bill payments due for this month"

• jagtrades
    Options

Added screen shot

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

If the recurring bill has the exclude from spending plan box checked, the bill will not display on the spending plan. You will get the screen above.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5142441-planned-spending-expenses-versus-recurring-expenses

Minter 2014-2023

• amynkerr
    Options

I also am having this issue and have not been able to correct it with any of the suggestions.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Minter 2014-2023

• jagtrades
    Options

This should show in my spending plan under bills, correct?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, we apologize for the issues with the Spending Plan.

It looks like we're currently experiencing a known issue with Planned Spending not updating right away to reflect transactional changes. If the issue you're experiencing pertains to Planned Spending specifically, please be sure to follow our Alert for updates:

If you're experiencing an issue outside of Planned Spending, please go ahead and create a separate post to outline the separate issue. You'll want to include as much detail as possible, including the specific area of the Spending Plan that's impacted, whether the issue is occurring on Mobile or Web, etc., so we can get a clear picture of what's going on.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Claudia
    Claudia Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I contributed extra money to my savings goals for this month, but the savings goals total in the spending plan has not updated to the new amount. When I open the savings goals section in the spending plan, all the individual amounts are correct, but the total is $75 less than it should be. This means that my "Income after bills & saving" and amount shown as available to spend are $75 too high.

I tried the usual troubleshooting of refreshing the website and logging out of and back into my account, but the spending plan is still showing the incorrect amounts, on both the website and the phone app.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@jagtrades, thanks for reaching out!

I'm not personally seeing any issues with missing Bills in my Spending Plan. I'd suggest signing out and back into Quicken Simplifi to see if that helps clear things up for you. If the issue persists, please try from a different browser or in incognito/private mode to see if the issue is perhaps browser-specific.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Are you looking at the December spending plan or January? Given that your screenshot shows next date as 01/01/2024, the bill will show up in January 2024, not December 2023 in the spending plan.

Yes, your mortgage should show in the spending plan under bills. My spending plan is showing all the bills.

Minter 2014-2023

• Joshua.west
    Options

I am also having issues with the spending plan not updating. Currently the total for "Bills" does not equal the actual sum of the bills in the category. Additionally when I added a bill in January (was looking at Jan spend plan) it did not show up in the list.

There seems to have been numerous issues with the spend plan since starting with Simplifi last month… Not sure if they are all related but definitely decreases the utility of the software as is.

• Joshua.west
    Joshua.west Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with the total for "Bills" in the spending plan not updating/not correctly showing the actual sum of the bills? When I had my bills in the spending plan they did not total the sum that was displaying in the spending plan. For fun, I removed nearly all of my recurring bills, and the number did not change. I do not have a custom amount set for the spending plan and it should be updating with the bills as they change, but it is not.

Its really unfortunate as I like the layout and such for the application, but these problems with the spending plan have been ongoing and if they continue I'm probably going to just delete the account and ask for a refund.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, it looks like all of these reported issues are part of the same problems we're seeing with the Spending Plan. All of these issues have been reported and our Alert can be followed for updates:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi - I did some changes in planned spending last night and the spending plan was more responsive. This morning my new transactions flowed properly into planned spending as expected.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

However, I had to log out and log back in to see a deleted reminder for December deleted from my spending plan. This other user is still having trouble.

Minter 2014-2023

This discussion has been closed.