Several Issues with Date Picker Dropdown in Bills & Payments and Reports pages (edited)

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited January 11 in Report a Bug

Web App
Browser: Chrome
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7

1. In the Upcoming page, click on the dropdown control that defaults to "Next 30 Days."
  2. In the "End Date" calendar, click on a date that is later than today.

3. Notice that the Start Date is now the date that you picked, and the End Date is empty.
4. Click in the End Date box that is highlighted in red.
5. Notice you get a dialog that says "OK" and "Cancel" but contains nothing else.

6. Click Cancel.
7. Now you get a screen that shows little if any data (because both dates are now the same date, which I hadn't noticed the first couple of times I tried this).

At this point, f you re-select a date in the current month calendar, and then re-select the date in the future, it appears to work correctly.

Also, I noticed that when it defaults to "Next 30 Days" it starts from yesterday, not today (or it did when I tried this at 7:30 AM)

I didn't have time to fiddle with this more, but it would appear to me that this entire bit of functionality needs a thorough going over by the QA team.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I was curious, so I tried to reproduce this, and I see it too (on the tablet).

I couldn't reproduce this on my MacBook on chrome.

However, like you I got the pop-up ok/cancel blank dialog on the galaxy tab s7 FE (slightly different model, I got the cheap one), but while your dialog box was in the bottom right, mine was in the center - it seemed to happen when i tap the 'end date' field if the end date was invalid (future date for example, or maybe if start date field is [also] invalid):

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk My dialog was in the center too, but I have my screen on very high resolution and cropped out most of the image.

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ajbopp and @RobWilk, thanks for reporting this issue!

I was able to replicate this on Chrome using my computer and have gotten it reported. I did not receive the "OK" "Cancel" message, but I did attach your guys' screenshots of this to the ticket and asked that the flow also be reviewed from a tablet browser. I'll let you both know when I hear back.

On the plus side, this does only seem to occur when selecting a date from the actual calendar; I tried typing in the date and it worked beautifully. Are either of you able to type in the date from your tablet browser? If so, does it work properly?

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-18359

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie @RobWilk When I clicked in the text field to type the date, I immediately got the "Cancel/OK" dialog. I tried clicking both Cancel and OK to close the dialog and then type, but it was like the text control didn't have focus. When I clicked in it again, I got the dialog back.

So I am not able to type in a date at all.

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ajbopp, I let them know. It sounds like the "Cancel/OK" message may be a different issue if it's preventing you from being able to type in the end date, not to mention that the message is only occurring on a tablet browser. They're looking into all of it! 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    edited October 2023
    Options

@ajbopp and/or @RobWilk, our product team would like me to create a separate ticket for the "Cancel/OK" message on a tablet browser, as it appears to be a different issue and is only affecting tablets. With that, since I don't have a tablet to reproduce it on, I'll need one or both of you to submit your logs via 'Send Feedback':

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Feedback submitted

id:01495639640236800

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks, @RobWilk!

I got the separate issue reported and will post back with updates on that as well. 😀

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-18401

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sent mine is as well

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    edited October 2023
    Options

@RobWilk & @ajbopp, the issue with the "end date must be on or after start date" message will be resolved in the 3.91.0 Web Release. I'm not sure how they plan to resolve it, as it sounds to be intended behavior (the first selection is meant to be the "start date", regardless of which side of the calendar you click on), but they are looking at how to clean this up for users and they're specifically looking at that message. We shall see what they do!

I'll let you both know when we get a fix version for the "Cancel/OK" message on a mobile/tablet web browser. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi all, I checked this out too.

iPad Air running iPadOS 16.6.1

Simplifi is running in Chrome 118.0.5993.92 using the Quicken Simplifi extension.

When I click on the date box to select a date I see this screen with the little message with no content others than “cancel” “OK”.

Selecting either choice sends me here…

…and I am able to select both start and end dates. I did get the message about not being able to select an end date earlier than the start date once, but I canceled it out and no problem since selecting dates using calendar.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

@DannyB, I added this to the ticket as an additional data point. 😀

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    edited October 2023
    Options

@RobWilk & @ajbopp, I had my last comment backward (see here). 😅

The "Cancel/OK" message is what will be fixed with 3.91.0. @DannyB, they said what you're seeing is most likely part of the same issue. 3.91.0 should be out next week or the week after, so please let me know if anyone is still seeing that issue on their tablet after that time.

For the "end date must be on or after start date" message, the rest of my comment above still applies (they're considering how to handle this). I'll let everyone know when a fix version becomes available for this.

-Coach Natalie

• Sandee
    Sandee Member ✭✭
    Options

Why can't I manually enter a start and end date. It is very
    cumbersome to select a date, say way back to 2011, but using the
    calendar buttons. If I try to enter a date manually, all I see is this:

Clicking either "cancel" or "ok" both take me back to the date selection screen:

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That Ok/Cancel (with no other text) pop up is something that had been reported (I verified it was happening for me too, but did not report it), but it was thought to only be happening from mobile web browsers. I believe you're supposed to be able to enter a date there. If that's already filed as a bug report, this might be additional information that may help the people working on that solve it, rather than them starting from scratch.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    Options

Update - I found the original topic:

[removed link to merged thread]

The second message on that thread, I had posted the "ok/cancel" screenshot similar to what you posted, and this was related to picking dates as well.

It sounds like @Coach Natalie was waiting for us to report if it was still happening and no one replied.

Rob Wilkens

• Sandee
    Sandee Member ✭✭
    edited January 10
    Options

@Coach Natalie I am not able to type in a date in the Reports date selection field. I am using Firefox on my HP laptop. If I try to "Start date" or "End date" field to enter a date with the keyboard, I just get the "Cancel OK" message.

I can use the custom date wheel just fine on my IPhone, but there is no way to enter a date on the IPhone with the keyboard.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RobWilk & @Sandee, yes, it looks like the issue with the "Cancel/OK" message was supposed to be fixed with the 3.91.0 Web Release and the ticket was closed. I am also still seeing the issue when testing, however, so I reopened the ticket accordingly. I also let them know that it's occurring in Reports.

@Sandee, you stated that you see the issue when using Firefox on a laptop as opposed to when using a mobile browser. The issue that's already been reported has always occurred on mobile browsers only, which is the only place I personally see it. Does your laptop have an attached keyboard? Or are you using a touch screen to select the field? Have you tried on other browsers, by chance?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Sandee
    Sandee Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I just tried this in Google Chrome and can successfully enter Reports→start and end dates from my laptop keyboard. I cannot do that in Firefox.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Sandee, thanks so much for confirming!

Can you please provide the following info so I can add the Firefox browser aspect to the ticket:

1. The version of Firefox you're using.
    2. The OS of the computer you're using Firefox/Quicken Simplifi on.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• Sandee
    Sandee Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie

I submitted my logs.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Sandee, thank you!

I'll let everyone know when I hear back on this.

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.