Recategorize all transactions from the transactions page

Options

If I am missing something I apologize and would appreciate a point in the right direction. I did do a couple of searches here and have been unable to locate a solution to my issue.

When I am viewing recent transactions on the transactions screen, if I see an item miscategorized I would like to properly categorize the item and have the option of both all past and future transactions for that payee be set to the proper category. I feel it is inefficient to require a user to travel to another page to create a rule. I am a newer user and have hundreds of payees listed, many of which I'd like to recategorize based on what it is I need to be reported.

Maybe add an option that when a transaction is recategorized, there's an option (when that item is still selected on the transactions screen, to create the rule and to have it apply to all past transactions as well.

I hope this makes sense and look forward to any input.

Thanks!

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cani ask if you are using the web app or the mobile app? And if the mobile app, are you using android or Apple?

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can see how for some payees that might be useful, but for example, a payee like "Walmart" might regularly have -different- categories as stores like that have a variety of categories one might shop for (Groceries, Clothing, Electronics, etc.). I'm not sure i'd want a rule that changes when i change the category for that payee, or applies to past transactions automatically. I prefer to categorize by hand based on the actual purchase.

That doesn't mean it can't prompt to create rules or prompt to apply to past transactions. What you'd want to do to try to introduce that functionality (if it's not there) is to create an 'idea' post; those get voted on, and some get implemented.

Rob Wilkens

• jjdeutsch
    Options

Hi Rob, Thanks for your message. I am using the web app.

• jjdeutsch
    Options

Thanks aj… I will do that!

This discussion has been closed.