Can't select a csv file for upload

Options
grc
grc Member
edited March 19 in Troubleshooting

I am trying to import a CSV file containing my Apple Card transactions but cannot do so. When clicking "browse" and then selecting the file, nothing happen. I have also tried dragging and dropping the file, and similarly nothing happens. I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the format of my file. I have tried deleting all all columns other than date, payee, amount, and I have also tried pasting the transactions into Simplifi's import template. For whatever reason, I just cannot select a file for upload.

Tagged:

Comments

• Bernardo
    Bernardo Member
    edited February 16
    Options

I've used the "Import Transactions from a CSV File" feature a dozen times previously over the last ~3 months. I went to use it again today and it's broken. I get to the step:

"Drag and drop your CSV file here or Browse"

And neither drag and dropping the CSV file or Browsing to the CSV file works.

The form doesn't register that I've chosen a file. The Import button does not enable.

I have tried with both FireFox and Chrome and they both fail to register that I've selected a file.

I have properly renamed the headers to Date, Payee, Amount, Tags but this doesn't matter because it never gets to the Import step.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@grc & @Bernardo, thanks for reaching out!

Since it sounds like this may be a newly trending issue, please go ahead and contact our Support Team directly for more advanced assistance and troubleshooting so they can get the issue logged ASAP: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Please come back to the Community and let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I will say that this worked for me as recently as last Tuesday when I imported stuff from a canceled credit card.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• VAM
    VAM Member
    Options

Trying to upload CSV nothing happens

• Croley
    Croley Member
    Options

I'm having this issue too

• Croley
    Croley Member
    Options

I'm having this issue as well

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16
    Options

Check this thread out, others are having the issue

[removed link to merged thread]

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone! This is a known issue that has been escalated. We have an Alert that can be followed for updates and a fix for this can currently be expected with a hot patch release of 4.0.1:

In the meantime, you can try clearing your cache and cookies and restarting your computer to see if doing so lets you import. You may also try from a different browser.

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17
    Options

I saw the hot fix 4.0.1 and got an error importing my historical balance for my Macy's CC from the transaction list import button. The net worth chart shows an incorrect balance for this manual account, and I tried to correct it. I got prompted to send feedback, which I did.

CSV I used enclosed.

Interestingly, the historical balance imported worked from the net worth report import wizard. I also modified the CSV excluding today's date. The zero balances on prior dates are correct, I do not use this card often.

I also corrected the CSV to reflect a negative balance as I noticed I did the import wrong from the screenshot above. I imported the corrected balances successfully via the net worth report import wizard.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    edited February 19
    Options

@UrsulaA, I saw in a different thread that your Macy's issue was resolved when reconnecting to the bank. With that, are you seeing any issues with selecting or dragging and dropping a CSV file where it is not recognized like the Alert is for? Is anyone else still seeing the issue the Alert is for after updating to 4.0.1?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I uploaded some transactions with a CSV to a dummy account using the Mint and the Simplifi template.

Results with Mint Transactions Template:

Transactions imported successfully to Test CC from the transaction list import button

Results with historical balances

Balances imported successfully to Test CC from the transaction list import button using a non-CSV Mint balance import template

Results with Simplifi's CSV

Transactions imported successfully to Test Acct from the transaction list import button

The CSV import issue looks resolved to me.

Minter 2014-2023

This discussion has been closed.