CollegeInvest FDP-102 error (edited)

Options

Colorado 529 nonaggregator connection to collegeinvest.com used to prompt for the 2 factor authentication from my cell, but stopped working as of about 1-2 weeks ago. Trying to fix or re-add the account fails. Very disappointed with working connections starting to break without any acknowledgment or timely fix.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@kreptafire, thanks for posting to the Community!

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, I don't see anything for Colorado 529, nor am I finding a Colorado 529 or the URL collegeinvest.com listed in Quicken Simplifi. Please provide the name of the account the issue is occurring with as it appears in Quicken Simplifi, as well as the name of the bank the account is connected to as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.

-Coach Natalie

• scook
    Options

I have tried to add Colorado 529 Direct Portfolio ( https://www.collegeinvest529.com/cotpl/auth/ll.cs ). Will Simplifi be adding support for Colorado 529 accounts?

• stuttle7
    Options

It is no longer working for me either within the last 2 weeks. As another user mentioned, the name is “CollegeInvest - Direct Portfolio - Non Aggregator”. Resetting the connection does not work. Disappointed.

• Ive had the same experience with NY Saves 529 account.

• Brian Montague
    edited February 23
    Options

I previously had CollegeInvest set up as an account. For over a week now it says unable to connect. I tried resetting the connection which did not work and now it is fully disconnected. Is this a known issue? Will the connection be repaired?

• stuttle7
    Options

To add further, the error code is (Care: FDP-102). This code appears in the Simplifi app on my Macbook.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, thanks for reporting this issue to us!

Can everyone give this another try this morning? 102 errors are usually temporary, so we want to have everyone keep trying for a couple of days before looking at escalations. Also, if this is occurring on an existing account, please try resetting the connection for the bank:  https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

If the issue persists after following these steps, please contact our Support Team directly to report the issue:  https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Please post back and let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• stuttle7
    Options

Hi Natalie. Please review the prior posts. It has not been working for weeks. Waiting a couple more days to see if it is a temporary issue doesn’t seem very helpful. A couple of us have already tried resetting the connection as well. It does not fix the issue. The connection is still broken. I guess the next step is to submit a support ticket directly…

• kreptafire
    Options

This connection is still not working. I think all the users here are having the same experience. Please give us an ETA on when the connection will be fixed. Also, since Simplifi is a paid service, I highly recommend passing on to your supervisors the need for automated connection failure detection so you do not need to rely on users to tell you when things are broken. As paying customers, we all expect due diligence on Quicken's part.

• kreptafire
    Options

Happy to report my college invest connection has been fixed! Thank you.

• stuttle7
    Options

Mine is working as well now, thank you. Unfortunately, it made me set it up as a new account and did not allow me to link it to my existing connection that had been working. Therefore, I lost my historical transacations. And since there is no way to import non-bank transacations (brokerage, for example), I’m left with two accounts; one historical and one current.

:-/

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @stuttle7,

To better assist, could you please provide more detail? How were you forced to add as new rather than link to the existing?

You may want to use the instructions in this article to delete the newly created account, then see if you get an option to link to the existing account rather than have to set it up as new. After following the prompts to authenticate with the financial institution, you will see a screen that gives you the option to Add as New or Link to an existing account. If it is not showing the correct account, or is showing add when it should be linking, you can click the dropdown to select the correct account.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• stuttle7
    Options

Hi Kristina-

Thank you for the instructions. I am familiar with the process you are describing because I have had to relink my 401K account multiple times due to the connection ceasing to work (same situation as this 529 account).

Unfortunately, I do not have the option to link to my previously existing account. When I was troubleshooting the connection issues, I marked the old 529 account as closed. This action now seems to not allow the new connection to link to the old account (I did not know this at the time when I marked it closed). In addition, there does not seem to be a way to mark the old account as "open" again so I could choose to link the new connection to it. Coming from Mint, I am use to having the ability to mark accounts as "open" or "closed" at will. So, I guess I'm learning what is and is not possible in Simplifi…

Thankfully, I have my old .csv transaction exports from Mint. It now looks like I can import these into brokerage/529 type accounts which is a huge win. I will simply delete the old closed accounts, import my historical transactions, and move forward with the new connection. Thanks again Kristina.

This discussion has been closed.