Glitches in Settings > Categories list (edited)

Options
Mach1Pony
Mach1Pony Member
edited April 1 in Report a Bug

Simplifi has this fixation on showing all categories and subcategories, not allowing you to collapse and certainly not remembering for next time. Why? There was likely a display issue with the GUI components they're using so inserted some type of Kludge that is having unintended consequences.

If I collapse a category, it immediately expands if I move my mouse away, even without clicking anything. It never used to do that. And, as I scroll down, it reaches say a half way point and the screen starts flickering, meaning the list of categories moves up and down rapidly. What's really happening is that one or more categories are expanding and collapsing rapidly.

They've tied the expand/collapse to mouse movement, and/or scroll wheel. It should only be tied to click events. They're trying to fix something and break something else.

We've requested the ability to remember the category layout. That's not hard. They're NOT doing it for a reason. Or, maybe this was their attempt to do it, but hasn't quite worked out yet.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited March 18
    Options

@Mach1Pony, thanks for letting us know that this issue is occurring!

I am seeing the same thing when attempting to collapse a Parent Category under Settings > Categories on the Quicken Simplifi Web App, and it looks like our product team is already aware of the issue, as I found an existing ticket for it. I am now watching the ticket so I can post back with any updates.

As far as remembering the expanded/collapsed state once the bug is fixed, I'd suggest adding your vote and feedback here:

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-20092

• Annabella
    Options

I am not able to submit a video, but I have a screen recording of the issue. Any time I quickly scroll through my Categories, it starts glitching out and makes the process of finding my categories really frustrating.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Annabella,

To help troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide more information? Which web browser are you using? Have you tried using any other web browser, and if so, does the issue happen in that alternate browser also? Could you describe what it's doing when it starts glitching out? For instance, is the display going blank, or is it seeming to freeze then skip forward rapidly, or is the text overlapping, or is something else going on?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also what OS are you using?

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Annabella,

We have merged your post with this existing thread for this known issue, so you may follow along here for updates.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• swiggity
    swiggity Member
    Options

I'm not the original poster but I am also experiencing this issue. I've reproduced it on two windows 10 machines (Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045) on both chrome (123.0.6312.60) and firefox (124.0.1). It also happens in incognito. The issue is much worse on chrome - it gets stuck in an infinite scroll/glitch state while on firefox the glitch will occur for less than a second at a time. I've attached a video - you can see the scrolling is inconsistent at best, but then gets stuck on the glitch after awhile. https://www.loom.com/share/8d4389be9dcd4eebbc39035714729876?sid=4f206c70-f520-4b9b-8b35-25e0ae6878a2

• Cj Shields
    Options

I am new … moving from Mint. I'm trying to set up Categories to match my existing process and found a couple of problems.

Platform: Web in Chrome on Windows … Same behavior in Edge.

Reference: Settings > Categories & tags > Categories section

1. Parent Categories will collapse, but when the cursor moves off the category it expands automatically. I'm trying to collapse all parent categories to see what the options are.
    2. Fast scroll through the list with a sudden stop … results in a flickering of the data, which is not a huge deal but it may be another symptom of the problem associated with #1.

Thank you

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I would say #1 is a bug, I noticed it also, and I don't think it use to do that when I was setting up my categories a few months ago.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I too have experienced this on 3/29/24 when scrolling up and down through categories on a desktop computer running Windows 10. Basically, it stops, recognizing the scroll input and just starts flashing the list of categories over and over and over again. After, the flashing stops and you can resume scrolling. I never put two and two together that it was tied to fast scrolling, but that does sort of makes sense with what I was experiencing. I don’t have a video of it and really don’t have any way too get one.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • G3Tech
    G3Tech Member
    Options

Also have same issue with "auto expanding" categories. Win 10 v22H2, Chrome v123.0.6312.123. Video attached

• Aviv
    Aviv Member
    Options

Chrome Version 123.0.6312.122 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Firefox 124.0.2 (64-bit) on Windows 10:

When I click the small arrow on the left of a top level category, the expanded category closes for a second and as I move the mouse it automatically opens again without any any mouse click.

So I always work with all categories expanded, which makes it more difficult to manage.

Here it is just as click the close arrow on the left:

Here it is just as I move my mouse cursor outside the grayish area - no click at all, just moving around:

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Aviv,

Thanks for reaching out. We went ahead and merged your post with this existing post, so that you may follow it for updates.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone! A fix for this issue can be expected with the 4.9.0 Web Release.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.