FDP-103 Error with Citizens Bank

Options
dmringo
dmringo Member

Citizens Bank connection ("Citizens Bank-Not Your TypicalBank") was working fine until about a week ago. I think it may have caused the bank to flag my account for password reset (which I did) and since then, I've been unable to connect with Simplifi, despite re-entering credentials, disconnecting and attempting to reconnect. The error I see is:

"To connect to Citizens Bank, you must re-enter your credentials. If that does not work, try entering them on the website at Citizens Bank to ensure they are correct.
Care Code: FDP-103"

I have ensured the credentials are correct and am able to login normally. It's worth mentioning that logging in from the main citizensbank.com domain takes me to citizensbankonline.com.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited March 20
    Options

Hello @dmringo,

Thanks for reaching out! An error 103 is pretty straightforward; customers receive this if they enter invalid credentials for that specific bank presence in Quicken Simplifi, generally. To help clarify what is happening in your situation, could you please follow these steps:

• Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URL's shown for each bank.
    • Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    • Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    • Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    • Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• frank123
    Options

I'm also having this issue in my new account setup. The URL for Citizens Bank should be citizensbankonline.com, which is not supported by Quicken at the moment. My correct login credentials are getting the FDP-103 error in your current Citizens Bank URL.

Please update this as soon as you can - without this connection having an account with Quicken is useless.

• World Traveler
    World Traveler Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

I can also confirm that Simplifi no longer links to Citizens, and this started about a week ago.

Had a chat with support for about 2 hours on Friday, and none of the solutions posted here by Coach Jon, or other solutions, worked. They've had escalate this issue.

If Citizens is no longer supportable, I will have to find a different saving app.

• dmringo
    dmringo Member
    Options

@Coach Jon Thanks for the response. Like @World Traveler, following these steps has not helped.

Aside, regarding "Verify the bank being selected": The presentation of connection options leaves something to be desired, if you're trying to be precise about URLs. Since only the domain is shown, along with a name that isn't clearly a canonical identifier, it's not always clear which of the potentially many options is The Right One. See this image for an example:

• birdy718
    birdy718 Member
    Options

I can confirm I too am having that same issue, citizen bank all of sudden stop working 2 weeks ago, its been on and off.. now looks like it permanent

• birdy718
    birdy718 Member
    edited March 25
    Options

Citizenbank currently does not work with Simplifi, and when i try to reconnect from Simplifi, my Citizenbank account keeps getting locked out for too many attempts.

"To connect to your account, you must change your password at the website for Citizens One Home Loan.
    Care Code: FDP-109"

——Updates—-Once I unlocked my account on Citizenbank's portal, and able to login successfully, I get this error when entering the same credentials"To connect to Citizens, you must re-enter your credentials. If that does not work, try entering them on the website at Citizens to ensure they are correct. Care Code: FDP-103"

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited March 25
    Options

Hey everyone, thanks for reaching out to us regarding this issue!

We'd like to take a look at this as an emerging issue, so we'd like to get some escalations submitted to help make our service provider aware. However, to submit an escalation for a 103 error, all of the following steps need to be thoroughly followed:

1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URLs shown for each bank.
    2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

If everyone can give these steps a try and then post back to let us know how it goes, we'd appreciate it!

@dmringo, since you stated that the account was connected and successfully updating previously, you'd just continue to use the same bank option as before. However, feel free to try some of the others in case they work for you!

@World Traveler, please disregard since your case was already escalated.

-Coach Natalie

• dmringo
    dmringo Member
    Options

@dmringo, since you stated that the account was connected and successfully updating previously, you'd just continue to use the same bank option as before. However, feel free to try some of the others in case they work for you!

To be clear, I was mostly making a general comment about the interface. The presence of multiple entries with the same domain is a problem with connections to other institutions as well. It's just a confusing UI, and maybe necessarily so.

At any rate, I had no luck with the other Citizens Bank connections, nor has any other step here solved the issue.

As a helpful data point, at least one other competitor's software is also failing to connect to Citizens Bank at the moment.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@dmringo, if you've thoroughly followed all of the above troubleshooting steps and are still receiving the FDP-103 error, please provide the following data for an escalation:

1. The name of the account(s), as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The name of the account(s), as it appears on the bank's website.
    3. Has there been any recent changes made to the bank's website or its sign-in process?
    4. What is the exact URL you use to log in to your account on the bank's website?
    5. What type of account(s) are you attempting to connect in Quicken Simplifi?
    6. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    7. The format of your password (DO NOT provide your actual password!). For example, "Quicken123$" would be coded as "Xxxxxxx###$", where a capital "X" indicates a capital letter, a lowercase "x" indicates a lowercase letter, and a "#" indicates numbers; the actual special characters used will need to be provided.

If you prefer to share any of this information privately, you may send it to me via a DM here in the Community. Or if you prefer a private support experience in general when escalating this, our Support Team would be happy to take care of that for you in a private setting.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• birdy718
    birdy718 Member
    Options

Yep, I verify all those steps, and was able to successfully login with the same username/credentials on the bank's portal, seems like Simplifi Quicken is not compatible with CitizenBank's interface anymore.

• dmringo
    dmringo Member
    edited March 27
    Options
    1. Account names in Simplifi are:
      One Deposit Checking
      One Deposit Savings
    2. On my bank's website, the names are the same:
      One Deposit Checking
      One Deposit Savings
    3. Yes, though I don't know how recently. Logging in on the website now always prompts for a second factor (text, call, email)
    4. https://www.citizensbankonline.com/olb-root/login (which is a redirect from the "main" URL of https://www.citizensbank.com)
    5. I'm trying to connect both a checking and savings account
    6. (below, to avoid breaking formatting)
    7. [removed - privacy]

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@dmringo, thank you!

I went ahead and got this issue escalated and will let you know when we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10945710

• Sheba
    Sheba Member
    Options

What is the turnaround time for the resolution?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Sheba,

We don't have an ETA for when it will be resolved. Updates will be posted to this thread when available. I recommend that you bookmark this thread so that you'll get notifications.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@dmringo, hey again!

Can you please send us your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option? We need these to escalate this issue further up the chain.

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Please let me know once done!

-Coach Natalie

• dmringo
    dmringo Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie Do I need to try to reconnect the account to get meaningful logs? The last time I tried was last week.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@dmringo, yeah go ahead and give it another try just in case they need the new attempt captured in the logs. 😀

-Coach Natalie

• dmringo
    dmringo Member
    Options

Well, now the connection is working 😄.

Is it still worth sending logs?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@dmringo, well that's good!

Nope, since you are all set we won't be able to use your case for the escalation. Thank you, though!

Is anyone else here still experiencing the FDP-103 error with Citizens Bank?

-Coach Natalie

• World Traveler
    World Traveler Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Update:

Coach Eduardo emailed me regarding my escalation. His suggestions were to try either  "Citizens Bank - Mid Atl Cons. Web" or "Citizens Bank-Not Your TypicalBank" of the multiple Citizens Bank options given.

I tried the former and it worked!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.