Unable to connect to Navy Federal Credit Union (edited)

Options
RajOnTrack
RajOnTrack Member

Navy Federal Credit Union
Authorization access required
Request failed with status code 400
Care Code: QCS-0400-6 https://www.navyfederal.org/

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@RajOnTrack, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

It sounds like this may be an issue with the new OAuth API that is being rolled out for Navy Federal Credit Union. Are you using a VPN or anything along those lines? Also, is the issue occurring on an existing account(s) in Quicken Simplifi, or are you connecting to Navy FCU for the first time?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• DDN
    DDN Member
    edited March 31
    Options

I tried to connect to Navy Federal Credit Union per Quicken email, but got the following error message

{
    "timestamp": "2024-03-29T20:47:52.376-04:00",
    "status": 500,
    "error": "Internal Server Error",
    "path": "/aggregator-authv2/apiConnect"

• rpbrice
    rpbrice Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. Existing accounts, I am trying to reconnect.

• Taylor Harvey
    Taylor Harvey Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. I have had my NFCU account connected since I started using Simplifi, but the last few days I have been unable to reset the connection. I have tried on my phone and on my computer and I haven't been able to get it to reconnect. I will get text messages from NFCU saying that my account has been linked to a third party, but Simplifi says the account is disconnected. Before I tried to reset my connection some of my accounts still synced correctly, but some of them didn't. When I tried to reconnect it on my computer, I got this error and nothing seems to be connected anymore.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

same error here. I had to clear my cookies and browser history to get past this error. However, I'm still unable to link to Navy using Simplifi. The EWC+ connection works in Quicken

-Marcus
  • Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering this issue. One trick that has worked for some people is already being logged into Navy Federal Credit Union's website on another tab when going through the authorization process to connect/reconnect/reauthorize in Quicken Simplifi.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering this issue. One trick that has worked for some people is already being logged into Navy Federal Credit Union's website on another tab when going through the authorization process to connect/reconnect/reauthorize in Quicken Simplifi.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• Marcus
    Marcus Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue for me. I cannot reconnect my accounts for Navy in Simplifi. I get the prompt for login, and I can see my accounts. I add my accounts and get an alert from my bank that the accounts are linked. However, I get the

Navy Federal Credit Union
    Authorization access required
    Request failed with status code 400
    Care Code: QCS-0400-6

-Marcus
  • Marcus
    Marcus Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just an FYI, I was able to update my Quicken connection without issue

-Marcus
  • Marcus
    Marcus Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Kristina It did not help. I tried using both Chrome and Microsoft Edge. I still get the error

-Marcus
  • DDN
    DDN Member
    Options

OP here: After several attempts,I finally was able to connect my Quicken PC to Navy FCU.

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up @DDN,

Was there any work around that you used to get past the error, or did you just go through the process yet again and this time it worked?

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• DDN
    DDN Member
    Options

Before my last successful attempt, I had logged out of my NavyFCU online banking.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You mention Quicken PC. Are you referring the Quicken Classic or Quicken Simplifi? I had no problems linking Classic to Navy Federal

-Marcus
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, thanks for bringing this issue with Navy FCU to our attention!

We have escalated this issue internally, and have put up an Alert that can be followed for updates:

As mentioned in the Alert, we suggest trying from a different browser or even just trying again at a later time. If you're still unable to connect, please follow the Alert for updates on the known issue.

We appreciate everyone's patience as we work to resolve this matter!

-Coach Natalie

• rpbrice
    rpbrice Member
    Options

Hi everyone. It appears I fixed my issue by Adding a new account instead of reconnecting. Once I got through the authentication with Simplifi for NFCU and it connected it prompted me to add accounts or connect to existing ones. I connected to the existing ones and all is up-to-date now. Don't reconnect, Add and then link to your existing accounts. This is a work around for now.

Hope this helps.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2
    Options

Microsoft Edge did not work. Chrome + Add Account in Simplifi was successful. I was able to relink my accounts

-Marcus
  • Brundy C
    Brundy C Member
    Options

Just starting and it won't add NFCU account. I am getting notifications that I'm linked from NFCU, but it's not going through on Quicken Mac.

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Hello @Brundy C,

To assist with this issue, please clarify if you're encountering this in Quicken Simplifi or Quicken for Mac. If you're encountering this issue in Quicken for Mac, please come to the Quicken Classic Community for assistance: https://community.quicken.com/ .

If you are encountering this issue in Quicken Simplifi, please provide more information about what issues you're encountering. What error message/error code are you seeing? If you're not seeing any errors, then please provide more detail exactly where in the process you're getting stuck.

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• MarkS1989
    Options

Getting the same error. Have tried multiple times including being logged in to NFCU on separate tab. Using Quicken Deluxe Classic and Windows 11.

{
    "timestamp": "2024-04-12T16:20:42.478-04:00",
    "status": 500,
    "error": "Internal Server Error",
    "path": "/aggregator-authv2/apiConnect"
    }

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @MarkS1989,

Thanks for reaching out! I would suggest visiting the Quicken Classic community for assistance. Additionally, here is the Quicken Classic Community Alert you can follow for updates as well! https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7949169/new-4-1-24-navy-federal-credit-union-error-https-500-400-when-customers-try-to-reauthorize/p1?new=1

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• eibensl
    eibensl Member
    Options

I began experiencing this same error this evening using both the web and PC versions of Quicken Simplifi. Error received was: Request failed with status code 400 Care Code: QCS-0400-6. When trying to update NFCU via the web browsers, I received this error whether or not I was logged into NFCU directly on another tab.

The fix for me was to:

• Close the Simplifi app on my PC (don't know if this matters)
    • Log into NFCU's website (I think that doing this first will preclude being prompted for NFCU's security code later)
    • Remove my NFCU accounts
    • Add them back

Hope that this helps others.

Thank you,

Stacy

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.