Firstmark Services - Student Loans FDP-105 (edited)

Options

I'm attempting to add my Firstmark Services account, secure.firstmarkservices.com, to Simplifi. I tried several days ago when setting up my Simplifi account and again today. A few days ago It would give me this error immediately when I enter my username and password, today it will allow me to send a 2FA code to my email and when I enter it in I get the error:

We are unable to connect to Firstmark Services - Student Loans at this time. Please try again later.
Care Code: FDP-105

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@blacklab787, thanks for reaching out!

A 105 error typically indicates that the bank is temporarily throttling or blocking connection traffic, and these do usually clear up within a few days. In this case, however, I was able to confirm the error and the extended duration from our end, so I went ahead and got it escalated. I'll let you know when I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10835586

• Oleksander
    Oleksander Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issue.

I'd like to add that Firstmark Services just implemented 2-factor authentication. I'm sure this is the main issue because my account connected before this without any problems.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@blacklab787, your escalation came back stating that this is a known issue with Firstmark Services - Student Loans. They didn't provide an ETA on a fix, so I'd suggest just continuing to try every so often for now.

@Oleksander, I'm sorry you're also seeing this issue! Since it is known on our service provider's side, please also do the same and continue to try every so often for now.

Please feel free to check back in down the road as well. Sorry for not having better news, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Oleksander
    Oleksander Member ✭✭
    Options

I wanted to mention something strange in case it may help resolve the issue; at the 2FA step the code is sent to my email, even if I request that it's sent my phone.

• nadrekab
    Options

Same issue here but different error code. I’m getting 170. No prompt for 2FA, just shows the error after submitting username/password.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@nadrekab, thanks for posting on this topic!

Can you post a screenshot of the error message you're receiving so we can get a clearer picture of what's going on, please?

-Coach Natalie

• TBrunoIII
    Options

Hi folks - I definitely think Firstmark is "on the fritz" … I was getting strange emails from them for the past two weeks even BEFORE I tried to add to Simplifi!

When I try to add I have same issue … verification codes go to email regardless of which option I choose in Simplifi (Text or Email). And after a few minutes I get a "We are unable …" error.

Most recent code is FDP-105

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@TBrunoIII, thanks for posting on this topic!

A 105 error indicates that the bank is temporarily throttling or blocking connection traffic. These errors usually clear up on their own, so you'll want to allow at least 48 hours. If the issue persists after a few days, please contact our Support Team directly to report the issue and have it escalated.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Please post back to let us know how things go!

-Coach Natalie

• blacklab787
    Options

I am able to receive a multi-factor authentication code to my email when attempting to add it to Simplifi again, but after submitting it I get the 105 error still. I am able to log into their website and multifactor authentication works fine there.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@blacklab787, it's most likely that the known issue is still ongoing, which is why you're still receiving the 105 error. I'd suggest allowing some more time for the known issue to be resolved. You can also contact the bank directly to help make them aware of the issue and see if they have any additional insight.

If you do contact the bank, please let us know how it goes in case it helps other users. Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• blacklab787
    Options

I emailed Firstmark and got this in response:

"Thank you for contacting Firstmark Services. We regret to inform you that we are unable to assist you with linking your account with third party applications. You may access your account information on FirstmarkServices.com"

When I asked again since it appears to be a problem with their system, I was told to reset my Firstmark account password and try again. It didn't work after that either. Still unable to add my Firstmark account to Simplifi

• blacklab787
    Options

Any potential fix or update to this issue? I tried again today and still get the 105 error and Firstmark provided no assistance

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@blacklab787, based on your previous reply where you quoted Firstmark Services, it doesn't sound like they support third-party aggregation. That's something I'd say would best be addressed with them. Otherwise, this is a known issue with our service provider so we won't be doing anything further from our end. As previously mentioned, I'd suggest just continuing to try every so often for now, as well as contacting the bank to help make them aware of the issue.

Sorry for not having a better answer, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• mhoffer85
    mhoffer85 Member
    edited March 29
    Options

Each time I try to connect to Firstmark Services - Student Loans, after entering the code I receive, I get an error.

We are unable to connect to Firstmark Services - Student Loans at this time. Please try again later.
    Care Code: FDP-105

The URL I use to login is: https://secure.firstmarkservices.com/Account/Login

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @mhoffer85,

Thanks for your post! We went ahead and merged your post with this existing thread for this Known Issue with Firstmark Services - Student Loans. As @Coach Natalie suggested above, this is a known issue with our service provider so we suggest trying every once in a while and contacting the bank since we will not be doing anything further on our side for this issue.

I hope this information helps!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Jkoch81
    Jkoch81 Member
    Options

Are there any updates on this issue yet?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, we went ahead and created an Alert for this known issue so you can all follow it for updates!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.