Using a Custom Amount of $0 in the Spending Plan is not reflected in the totals (edited)

Options
SRC54
SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 26 in Report a Bug

Well, I have about given up on having the bug fixed regarding a transfer in an income split being counted as the total of the split rather than just the transfer.

But I could live with that if I could set the Custom Transfer Amount to 0.00. When I do so, it still counts the total split amount as a transfer. I can set it for 0.01 however, which is what I do. But I should be able to set it to 0.00. Also I can set the Custom Amount to -1.00 but not to -0.01. All of this seems like a bug to me.

Steve
Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @SRC54,

Thanks for posting to the community! To help clarify your situation, could you let us know if you are seeing this issue on the web application, or the mobile application?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh gosh, I only use the phone app when I have to. So it's the web app. Latest version.

Steve

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @SRC54,

Thanks for the quick reply! I can definitely help you set a custom goal amount to $0 for your Spending Plan. I have attached screenshots below you can follow along with to set a Custom Transfer Amount of $0.

First, navigate to your Spending Plan window and open the dropdown for Transfers & Credit Card Payments.

Next, click the 3 dots menu on the far right and select Set custom amount.

After that, the Set Custom Transfers Amount window will pop up, and the Set Amount button will be grayed out.

Erase the $0.00 amount and type $0 in its place. The Set Amount button should now be clickable.

You should now have a Custom amount of $0.00.

Let us know if this works for you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for much, but it doesn't work. As I say, it will show that it worked but the numbers won't change. It will still count my paycheck as all transfer instead of just the transferred amount. Read my original message again.

Thanks.

Steve

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I sent you 2 screen shots via message to prove to you. This is not my first rodeo. I already have tried multiple browsers and told Support but nothing ever gets done.

Steve

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon @Coach Natalie

And it's wrong on the app as well. This bug started in Jan, and this is the 4th time I've reported it in different ways. I've used Every Financial Software there is, and you can take it to the bank that I am an expert at it.

Thanks for looking into this.

Steve

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon @Coach Natalie below is a post for a prior report @SRC54 commented on. Sounds like the problem reported here.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26
    Options

Yes, that was the original bug I reported, which 2 months later remains! This one is related but different. The first bug is still there, which is counting the entire transaction as a transfer instead of just the transferred part, i.e., 6500 income, 1000 withholdings, 500 transfer that becomes a 5000 transfer AND a 5000 income! So that the Spending Plan shows $10K income!!!

The bug in this thread refers to the workaround, which is to set a Custom Transfer amount, which I want to be $0.00. Despite the fact that Simplifi seems to allow this (using Jon's instructions), it doesn't do any good. It will still show the income as $10K instead of $5K pretty much sabotaging the worth of the Spending Plan. I can set the Custom Transfer amount to $0.01, and it works though it is a penny off.

Finally in another twist of weirdness, I cannot set the Custom Transfer amount to $-0.01 (I could until the latest updates). I can set it to $-1.00. I was just reporting the bug. I want to set it to 0.

So the original bug is still there. It worked correctly until January and the workaround of using a Custom Amount of 0.00 doesn't work either. I have sent screen shots of my actual Spending Plan numbers to @Coach Jon and @Coach Natalie.

Steve

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @SRC54,

Thanks for the information and your replies, as they helped clarify the issue! We are also seeing that although you can set a Custom Amount of $0.00 on the Web Application, doing so is not reflected in the Bills & Income total. We did get the issue reported and will post back here with updates.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

SIMPL-20304

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm specifically referring to "Income after Bills and Savings" in spending plan on the web app.

I edited savings amount to $0 rather than calculated.

At the bottom of the screen it says : "Income After Bills and Savings: $2045.91" (correct)

But on the left it says "$1045.91 Income after bills and savings" which assumes the calculated amount and not the custom amount.

-

I tried:

-Incognito mode.

-Logging out/in

-Refresh page

No matter what I do, the amount on the left does not update. This leads to wrong calculations for "available".

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ALso on the bottom of that screen was some version info that i don't think i usually see:

Version: 4.6.1 (24554/d935751b0 - 3/29/2024, 2:11 PM)

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @RobWilk,

We went ahead and merged your post with this thread since it has already been escalated here.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Changing it to $0.01 (after reading this) seemed to work. Not ideal, but it's a work-around.

Rob Wilkens

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk Oh yes, or -1.00, but not -0.01. LOL. It's still a bug.

Steve

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.