Ability to ignore 'pending' transactions from Reports (edited)

Options
pkp
pkp Member ✭✭✭
edited 7:25PM in Feature Requests

First, pending transactions is a mess right now. I'm not sure whether this is bank specific or not, but pending transactions don't get deleted right away even when they get cleared. For many of my transactions, there's almost always duplicates for some amount of time, one that is cleared and one that is still pending. And they are both from the bank (so not manual transactions, and yes I've read the FAQ on this). The duplicate pending transactions usually disappear, but often not for a few days, so there's a few days where there are duplicate transactions unless you manually delete one first. I've tested many aggregators and have never had this issue with other aggregators, so Simplifi really needs to fix this.

But that's not the point of this idea. The idea here is that if this pending transactions thing isn't fixed, they should be eligible to be removed from Spending/Income reports. Right now, you can omit them from the bank balances, but I don't see an option to remove them from reports. This causes all my reports to be wrong unless I manually delete the duplicate transactions first. If the duplicate transactions issue cannot be resolved, there should at least be an option to remove them from Reports so that we can get accurate quick reports without doing all the spring cleaning first.

7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@pkp

If I understand you correctly, sometimes when your bank clears a transaction, it doesn't match it with the pending transaction and you end up with two transactions, one cleared and one pending? If this is the case, there are two things you can do. 1) Merge the two by selecting both transactions and choosing the Merge item from the Tool Bar on the left (looks like an upward arrow) or 2) You can just delete the superfluous pending transaction (as you mentioned). This would seem to be easier than telling Spending Plan to ignore the duplicate transaction.

If I have misunderstood, I apologize. I don't have this happen very often but it sometimes does happen with my checking account and sometimes with a credit card. As soon as I discover it, I try merge first and if that isn't available, I delete the duplicative pending transaction.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I both (1) don't have this problem with pending transactions, it may be your banks, and (2) I want pending transactions on reports, as I like to have my spending up to the current time and not 2-5 days behind. Sorry, I have to vote against this. I would suggest getting the problem with pending transactions fixed by reporting it as a bug or to get advice (as above post) on how to fix it.

Rob Wilkens

• pkp
    pkp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@SRC54 Yes, and this is happening with my credit cards and investment transactions regularly. I guess it's bank specific, but I have to manually clear transactions every single day or deal with the delay. There are ways to manually fix each one, but the fact that I have to do it every day makes the app borderline unusable.

@RobWilk I understand that having pending transactions is useful. My suggestion here is to make it toggle-able so that one can choose either to include them or not, similar to the bank balance choice. I'm not suggesting doing away with them altogether.

• alkaboy
    alkaboy Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Agree with toggle or filter to be able to exclude Pending transactions from Reports!

• Cardriverx
    Options

Bumping this. My report has duplicate expenses since I have pending transactions that have cleared (so now I have a pending expense and a non-pending expense). This makes it really hard to use the report as the spend $ is inflated by these duplicates.

We just need a filter option to exclude pending transactions, that's all!!

• MishaM
    MishaM Member
    edited April 17
    Options

When looking at accounts/dashboard, in the settings you can control whether the displayed amount includes pending transactions or not. Please add a similar feature for reports!

I do transfers out of my checking at the end of the month, and because they are pending at EOM, my checking account shows as being negative in reports despite my account having a positive balance.

• MishaM
    MishaM Member
    Options

Upvote!!!! Please make this happen @Coach Natalie! I withdraw cash at the end of every month and it makes it look like my checking has negative values!!

• MishaM
    MishaM Member
    edited 7:24PM
    Options

This is a duplicate of: [removed link to merged thread]