Manual account balance is incorrect (edited)

Options
Morey Chang
Morey Chang Member
edited May 2 in Troubleshooting

My last transaction for this bank account was on 4/16, but the bank balance was changed on 4/18 without any income transaction, how do I explain this?

Using Mobile app also shows the same problem.

• Manual saving account
  • Manual transaction

Thanks for the support.

Tagged:

Comments

• Morey Chang
    Morey Chang Member
    edited April 19
    Options

Showing balance with Pending.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Morey Chang,

Thanks for reaching out! When your account is connected in Quicken Simplifi, we receive the balance from the bank itself. If the account is manual, then a transaction must have been entered, either manually or maybe via a recurring transaction. If you log in to your bank's website does the balance in Quicken Simplifi match what you have there?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Morey Chang
    Morey Chang Member
    edited April 20
    Options

Hello @Coach Jon ,

This is a manual bank account so a transaction must have been entered manually. It does not need to connect to any bank.

How come is the balance changed on 4/18 but without any transaction on a manual saving account?

Thanks for the support.

• Morey Chang
    Morey Chang Member
    Options

I created this manual bank account on 3/15, the opening balance was my first transaction.

If I tries to select all manual transactions, Simplifi shows the correct value ($1067603), but the Balance with pending shows the wrong balance.

This manual bank account on mobile app has the same problem.

• Coach Jon
    edited April 23
    Options

Hello @Morey Chang,

Thanks for the information. You probably have pending transactions being counted toward your balance. Quicken Simplifi is designed to do this for manual accounts. There is no way in Quicken Simplifi to not count pending transactions for manual accounts at this time, so if you would not like them counted you would have to remove them. I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Morey Chang
    Morey Chang Member
    edited April 23
    Options

Hello @Coach Jon

Thanks for the reply. From this article I don't think I have any pending transaction for manual account together with manual transaction.
    This must be another problem.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4739597-manual-transactions-101

Since every transaction for the manual account is out there in the screenshot below, would you please tell me where to find a "pending transaction" you just mentioned?

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Morey Chang,

Thanks for your reply. In this case, I would suggest recreating the manual account and removing this account afterward as that seems like the quickest solution to this problem. Let us know if this works for you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Morey Chang
    Morey Chang Member
    Options

Hello @Coach Jon

I would suggest to escalate this case to the development team as this problem has happened 2 times to me. I am not able to recreate and remove the account then input all the transaction history and wait for the same problem happened to me again.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Morey Chang,

We can escalate this issue for you if you would like, however, recreating the account would be the much faster solution here, as based on your screenshot, there are not that many transactions in the account to recreate. Please let us know!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Morey Chang
    Morey Chang Member
    edited April 24
    Options

Hello @Coach Jon ,

Thanks for the reply.

Please escalate this issue to the development team, this problem is happening to me twice and I know it will be happening again with more and more transactions.

• Coach Jon
    edited April 24
    Options

Hello @Morey Chang,

Thanks for the response. We can get this issue escalated for you, but we will need some information, please:

• The name of the account in question, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.

We would also need logs to be sent to us. The instructions to do so are here:

2.    Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3.    With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4.    Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Morey Chang
    Morey Chang Member
    edited April 27
    Options

Hello @Coach Jon

Thanks for the support, I have done the feedback.

• Morey Chang
    Morey Chang Member
    Options

Hello @Coach Jon

Is there any way to report a problem from the mobile app, some glitches on mobile app need to be adjusted.

Thanks a lot.

• Coach Jon
    edited April 29
    Options

Hello @Morey Chang,

Currently, the only way to report a problem/send logs is through the web application at this time. However, you can access in-app support from the mobile application if you need it. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support#h_a23bb4dac1

Otherwise, if you find a bug or glitch in the mobile or web application, be sure to report them here in the community via a Report a Bug post!

Additionally, We have received your feedback. We just need the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi now. Please let us know when you can.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Morey Chang
    Morey Chang Member
    edited April 30
    Options

@Coach Jon , Thanks.

• Morey Chang
    Morey Chang Member
    Options

Just resending the feedback with the name of the bank account. Thanks.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Morey Chang,

Thanks for the information. May we please also have the web browser you use, the OS you run on your device, and the Quicken Simplifi Web Application version?

You can get the web application version by scrolling to the bottom of the Dashboard window in Quicken Simplifi.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Morey Chang
    Morey Chang Member
    edited May 2
    Options

Sure.

There is the same problem on mobile app, also provide the current version number on my iPhone.

BTW, do you see I always get the "null" but I don't know why?

[removed image for privacy]

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Morey Chang,

Thanks for the information. I see that you sent the Account name via Feedback with your logs. It looks like we could not find this account name in your dataset due to it being in another language. Can you send the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi to us via Direct message, or by commenting it here, exactly as it appears in Quicken Simplifi?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Morey Chang
    Morey Chang Member
    edited May 3
    Options

Just sent the latest feedback with logs again, the name of the bank is : Test

Thanks for the support.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Morey Chang,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate an active account named 'test' in your dataset. Make sure the account name you provide remains active while we escalate the issue.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Morey Chang
    Morey Chang Member
    edited 1:27PM
    Options

Hello @Coach Jon

When sending the feedback and the logs I also include the screenshot with the name of the bank account.

Just sent the feedback and logs again. Thanks for the support.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.