Simplifi is telling me to release unused funds for an expense that's overspent (edited)

Options
ejs
ejs Member ✭✭
edited May 2 in Report a Bug

After several months of my Spending Plan always showing zero spending, my Spending Plan is finally reflecting the transactions actually made. (My Watchlists still always show zero spending, but that's a separate issue…)

However, there now appear to be a couple of glitches with my Spending Plan.

1. The Spending Plan is asking me to release unused planned spending in prior months for categories that were overspent. Since there are no unused funds, I can't release them, and can't close out the month and remove the notice telling me to resolve outstanding items for that month. Screenshot:
  2. In the mobile app, my Spending Plan transaction count says zero no matter how many transactions there actually are. In the web version, the transaction count is correct. Screenshot of mobile app (showing transaction count of zero):

Screenshot of web version (showing transaction count of 55)

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ejs,

Thanks for reaching out! We can definitely take a look into this situation for you. It seems you uploaded the same screenshot twice however. Could you attach the screenshot of mobile app that you mentioned?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    edited April 29
    Options

Oops. Here’s the correct screenshot of the mobile app version showing a transaction count of zero:

Thanks!

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @ejs,

Thanks for the response! I would suggest deleting and recreating the expense to see if the bug appears afterward. Let us know what happens.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon , I deleted and recreated the expense for the transaction count glitch but it didn't fix the issue.

And what about the other glitch (the prompt to release unused funds for an overspent expense in prior months)? Can an expense be deleted and recreated for a month that's in the past?

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @ejs,

Thanks for the reply. Did you delete and recreate the problematic planned spending in the prior month where the issue is presented?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon , no, I didn’t — I was asking if it’s possible to do so for a month that’s in the past. If I delete the expense for a month that’s in the past, will I be able to recreate it retroactively for that month’s Spending Plan?

For the issue regarding the incorrect transaction count (in the current month), I did try deleting and recreating the expense, and that didn’t fix the bug.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @ejs,

Yes. It is possible. I would try doing this and afterward let us know if this worked for you.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon , ok, I tried deleting the expense and recreating it but that didn’t help. It is still asking me to release unused funds even though the category was overspent.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @ejs,

Thanks for the reply. We will probably need to escalate this issue. Could you please provide some information for us?

• Your Web Browser
    • Your OS
    • Your Version and Build for the Web application, which can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the Dashboard:
    • Logs, which can be sent by following these steps:
    1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, @Coach Jon. Here is the requested info:

• Web browser: Google Chrome (Version 124.0.6367.92)
    • Quicken Simplifi Version and Build: Version: 4.8.1 (25009/990d47386)
    • I submitted log feedback as requested

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @ejs,

Thanks for the information. One thing I would like for you to try is editing your April expense to $650.33 (assuming that is what 'spent' still is for April) and your March expense to $915.90. This should balance things out hopefully, based on the screenshots.

For the secondary issue on mobile, we did just release a hot fix, so please update to 5.4.1 for your mobile application and let us know if that works!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon , but I want my target amount to stay at what I set it, so that I can use Spending Plan (to the extent possible) like the budget feature that Mint had. I want to be able to see that I spent more than my targeted amount, if that’s what happened. And this issue doesn’t exist just for April and March but for every prior month going back to when I first established my Spending Plan.

For the secondary issue of the transaction count showing zero in the mobile app, the software update did not fix it.

• Coach Jon
    edited May 3
    Options

Hello @ejs,

Thanks for the reply. You will need to create a new secondary post for the mobile application issue, as it is a separate issue.

As for the Planned Spending issue, you are being told to release unused planned spending funds for an item that's overspent. This is most likely a mislabeling issue, which is why we would like for you to test this, so we may bring this to our product team if this is the case. By testing this in one month, this will tell us if we are right in our assumption.

I would suggest that you edit the amount in one month to the 'spent' amount to see if that makes the "outstanding items" banner go away. If it does, you can edit the amount back to $400 to keep using Quicken Simplifi how you want to going forward. If you are still overspent in a category, that banner is not going to go away, as an item still needs to be "resolved". Let us know if this makes sense, and how it goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon , ok, I tried making the suggested change but it did not fix the issue. As can be seen in the screenshot below, Simplifi is still prompting me to release unused funds, even though there are no unused funds (the spending for the month exactly matches the target amount for the month).

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @ejs,

Thanks for the information. We did go ahead and get this issue reported. We will post back with updates as we receive them so be sure to follow this post for updates!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Ticket: SIMPL-20892

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @ejs,

Thank you for your patience. A fix is expected with the 4.10.0 Web Release and 5.5.0 Mobile Release. Once those versions are out and you are updated, be sure to let us know if the issue persists!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon , thank you, will do. Is there an ETA on when those updates will be available? (Just so that I know when to check to see if they fix the issue.)

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @ejs,

I am not sure when they will be released, but we will let you know here.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @ejs,

Just a quick update on this issue. The fix for this issue has been changed to Version 4.11.0 for the Web Release and 5.6.0 for the Mobile Release. Thank you for your continued patience!

-Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.