Optum Financial (Previously ConnectYourCare) not connecting - Error FDP-102 / FDP-106 (edited)

Options
nakada
nakada Member ✭✭

Hi,

My account on Optum Financial (Previously ConnectYourCare) is not connecting and I receive a message just saying that the error message is FDP-102, and that I must try again later.

Is anybody else with this problem? It started one week ago.

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @nakada,

Thanks for reaching out! Quicken Simplifi presents this error when we're unable to connect to a specific bank. Usually, this occurs if the selected bank is throttling connection traffic, the bank's website or the URL we use to connect is unavailable, or they're completing maintenance on their services. However, you may be able to log into the bank's website successfully and still receive this error in Quicken Simplifi because Quicken Simplifi connects to your bank using a different server. Most of the time, this error resolves itself after 24-48 hours. I can see from our side that this problem looks like it started yesterday for you, with successful connections before then. I would suggest waiting the remaining time period and let us know after 48 hours if the issue is still present.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for being so fast in verifying this! My feeling is that it had like one week happening. I will wait and update this post on Friday.

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭
    Options

I continue receiving the same error message (FDP-102) when trying to connect to Optum Financial.

• Coach Jon
    edited May 3
    Options

Hello @nakada,

Thank you for following up! I would suggest Resetting your Account Connection for this account. The instructions to do this can be found here! https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections Let us know how that goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭
    Options

I have already done it, but when I enter my user and password, it does not connect. I truly believe they blocked this type of connection. Today I received the same kind of error from another budget control software I am trying.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @nakada,

Thank you for your response. To better help us see what is going on with this issue, could you please supply the name of the account as it appears within Quicken Simplifi, as well as send logs to us? The instructions for sending logs can be found below:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2.  Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3.  With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4.  Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• arvind
    arvind Member
    edited May 5
    Options

Hello, I am unable to connect to Optum financial HSA account which was connecting previously. I reset my account and still get the same error FDP 102. It was working fine till one week ago. I see others too have posted about this .

[Merged Post]

• movieman12345
    movieman12345 Member
    Options

+1, I’m seeing the same error.

• dc2psguy
    dc2psguy Member
    edited May 5
    Options

Same here…

[Merged Post]

Hailing from 🌵Palm Springs, California🌴

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    edited May 5
    Options

Hello @arvind and @dc2psguy,

To assist this issue, I checked on our end and can see you both have been encountering this error for longer than 48 hours. Since you have already waited 48 hours and the issue is persisting, the next step is to make the problem account(s) manual, then reconnect the account(s), making sure to carefully relink to the correct account in Quicken Simplifi. For instructions on making an account manual, please click here. For instructions on re-adding an account, click here. For instructions on linking an account, click here.

Please let me know how it goes!

[Merged Post]

-Coach Kristina

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭
    Options

HI @Coach Jon and @Coach Kristina !!!

I just sent a Report Feedback, as the problem continues. I tried to connect my institution and it returned error FDP-102. When following the instructions @Coach Kristina gave above, I disconnect my account and made it manual, then when I try to create a new account, it gives me error FDP-106.

Thanks for the support. Hope we get to a solution soon.

• trinhm838
    trinhm838 Member
    Options

I am running into the same issue, had a problem connecting with Optum with FDP-102. Disconnect and reconnect now gives me FDP-106. This is a recurring issue and it has been going on for too long now, can someone help?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, we'd like to get some cases escalated for this issue. To do so, please first follow these steps to establish a completely fresh connection with the bank:

1. Make all of the accounts with this bank manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. If the connection is successful, carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

If you receive an FDP-106 error after doing so, please provide the following data for an escalation:

1. The name of the account receiving the error, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    3. What type of account are you attempting to connect?
    4. Has there been any changes made to the bank's website or the sign-in process recently?
    5. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    6. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

If you receive any other error, please let us know what the specific error is. Also, if you receive the FDP-106 error when adding a new Optum Financial account, you may move straight into providing the info for an escalation.

We look forward to working with you all to get this resolved!

-Coach Natalie

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭
    Options

I ended up deleting my Optum Financial account from Quicken, to try to add it once more, but here is my info on this:

1. The name of the account receiving the error, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi. - Health Savings Account (HSA) 2024
    2. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website. - Health Savings Account (HSA) 2024
    3. What type of account are you attempting to connect? - HSA Account
    4. Has there been any changes made to the bank's website or the sign-in process recently? - Not that I know.
    5. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days? - Yes
    6. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@nakada, thanks so much!

I went ahead and got the FDP-106 error escalated, and will post back with any updates.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-11046522

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, we heard back on the escalation for @nakada and it appears that this is a known issue that our service provider is working to resolve. We went ahead and created an Alert for everyone to follow for updates in the meantime:

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey again everyone! Our engineering team would like you all to give this another try.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭
    Options

I have just received the exact same error (FDP-106).

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@nakada, thank you! I will let you know if we need any further data from you, but go ahead and watch the Alert for now.

If anyone else is still receiving the FDP-106 error, please provide the requested info so we can add you to the ticket!

-Coach Natalie

• movieman12345
    movieman12345 Member
    Options

+1, I'm also still receiving the FDP-106 error.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@movieman12345, thanks for letting us know!

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, it doesn't appear that you've followed the steps to disconnect/reconnect with the bank. We'll need you to complete the following steps, please:

1. Make all of the accounts with this bank manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. If the connection is successful, carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

It is also possible that the bank is throttling us during peak hours, so please give this a try this evening after 5 pm PDT. @nakada, can you also give this another try this evening after 5 PDT? We'd like you both to also try the option listed as "Optum Bank" to see if that works for either of you.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• movieman12345
    movieman12345 Member
    Options

I made all the Optum accounts manual, and tried connecting to each of the Optum accounts in the screenshot. Still no luck.

• movieman12345
    movieman12345 Member
    Options

Also, didn’t realize making the account manual would result in losing all transactions. This is frustrating.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@movieman12345, thanks for giving those steps a try for us!

Making an account manual does not delete the transaction history. The account would just be listed under the Manual Accounts section in Settings, but you can still click on the account from your Accounts List and access all of the history. Can you elaborate on how you believe you lost your transactions?

I did go ahead and get you added to the ticket for this issue. Can you send your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option as well, please? I need to get these attached for our engineering team.

2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

-Coach Natalie

• movieman12345
    movieman12345 Member
    Options

My bad - I do see the transactions. Sorry! I've sent the logs as requested, reference id below.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@movieman12345, thank you! And I'm very glad your transactions are still there.

-Coach Natalie

• movieman12345
    movieman12345 Member
    Options

Any updates here?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@movieman12345, you can follow our Alert for this issue for updates:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.