We're having trouble retrieving your dataset

Options
JDLR80
JDLR80 Member
edited May 2 in Troubleshooting

Many people have had trouble logging using a web browser. I am receiving the attached screenshot. This needs to be fixed to earn people's trust and business. At minimum, the screenshot needs to have better troubleshooting information since [removed - accuracy].

I need to be able to login to add my accounts/data!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@JDLR80, thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties getting into Quicken Simplifi. To clarify, is this your first time signing into Quicken Simplifi, or have you already set up your account and you're now trying to sign back in? Have you tried from a different browser or anything along those lines? Also, if you're using a VPN, I'd suggest disabling it and then trying again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• JDLR80
    JDLR80 Member
    Options

I have already set up an account and can log into my phone Simplifi app. I tried without a VPN and even tried without Windows Defender enabled.

I appreciate the help. In the meantime I am unfortunately starting to try other alternatives.

• Coach Natalie
    edited May 3
    Options

@JDLR80, thanks for confirming!

Since you're able to sign into the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App, it sounds like something may be going on with your browser when accessing the Web App. I'd suggest trying from a different browser and/or in incognito/private mode to see if you're then able to sign in, as this will tell us if the issue lies with your primary browser.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• JDLR80
    JDLR80 Member
    Options

I tried it from Firefox and Edge and it didn’t help any. Still same issue. What has helped others?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Sometimes, the culprit is a browser extension. DuckDuckGo and Ghostery are known to cause issues. Other pop-up blockers and ad blockers may also cause issues. If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest pausing any pop-up blockers and ad blockers you are using.

If you are currently traveling outside the US or Canada, that may also cause issues until you're back in the US or Canada.

If you use an anti-virus, sometimes the anti-virus has a safe browsing feature that may be causing this issue. To test for this, pause any safe browsing feature your anti-virus has and see if you're able to get logged into Quicken Simplifi with that feature paused.

If the issue persists after that, try clearing cache and cookies from your browser (please be aware that doing so may require you to log back in to websites that usually recognize you and log you in automatically).

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4
    Options

@JDLR80

I’m also a QS user, not staff, so can’t help with any actual behind the scene troubleshooting. However, I use Edge and Chrome to access QS website and have not had any problems.

I do routinely clean out my browser cache and cookies just to keep things neat and tidy and to get rid of unusefull clutter. Yes, that means I have to enter my login credentials on frequently used websites after the purge, but it gets rid of of cumulative clutter that can cause trouble. Don’t know if that will fix this, especially since the problem is occurring on different browsers.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • JDLR80
    JDLR80 Member
    edited May 4
    Options

No, this did not solve my problem. I cleaned my entire history- cache, recent websites, site data, etc. After I did that, when I entered my credentials it was just a blank white screen for about 5 minutes before I gave up again. I have better things to do with my time and life than to waste it trying to overcome bugs from a software company that is better than this. I am willing to work with a tech on their team to troubleshoot so others don’t have this issue again.

And in response to Coach Kristina, I am trying to access the website from inside the US.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@JDLR80, thanks for posting back!

I'm honestly not sure what else to suggest at this point, though I do suspect it's a network or device issue. Are you able to try from a completely different computer, by chance? If not, I'd next suggest contacting Chat or Phone Support directly so they can engage in a screen sharing session with you and hopefully get a better idea of what's going on.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

If you do get to the bottom of things with Chat/Phone Support, please post back to let us know in case it helps other users.

-Coach Natalie

• JDLR80
    JDLR80 Member
    Options

This was a strange issue to overcome. I finally overcame though. When I first signed up for Simplifi, I used one laptop and didn’t finish setting things up. Days or weeks later, I used a different laptop top to try and sign back in and that is when I received all the errors. This past weekend I happened to go back to the original laptop and I was able to get through the login and was good from there.

For those, who may have the issues I had, I wonder if Simplifi has a MAC address lock on the first device you sign up with and you have to finish setting up with that original PC. I hope this helps someone from the headaches I had!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.