Virginia Credit Union FDP-102 error (edited)

Options
thalaivar
thalaivar Member

Like the subject says it used to work until recently (maybe a month or 2 ago) and i was hoping it was just a temporary issue but it is straight up not syncing anymore. I have even tried deleting and readding the connection. It proceeds to the screen where it asks for picking the way to get an OTP but once I select text message to my mobile it spins and comes up with error FDP-102 and asks to try again later. This has gone on for more than a month (probably longer).

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @thalaivar,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When I check on our end, the FDP-102 error message just started on the 3rd of this month. Were you seeing different errors prior to the 3rd? What day did you delete and re-add the account?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    edited May 5
    Options

Unfortunately I don’t have a screenshot of the errors that occurred earlier in March and April. I tried deleting and re-adding couple of times (once in the last couple of days and once prior maybe in late March or early April). I think earlier I may have just done reset connection and not completely delete.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Typically, you do not want to delete an account, since it would delete your history.

Is the account currently connected (but not able to update) or did it get disconnected when you attempted to reset it?

Since I can see the FDP-102 issue started on the evening of 3 May, the first troubleshooting step is to wait 48 hours (from when the issue started) and try again. Please try to update or reconnect again tonight or tomorrow morning.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Kristina

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    Options

I tried it just now and got the FDP-102 error. It does go through the first level (username and password) and shows the correct last digits of my mobile to receive a text for the OTP but doesn’t go past that. So the username and password is correct and the only special character that I have is the hash (#) symbol.

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    Options

Tried it again this morning - got the same FDP-102 error

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited May 6
    Options

@thalaivar, thanks for allowing some time and posting back!

Since it sounds like the error is occurring on an account that already exists in Quicken Simplifi, I'd suggest following these steps to establish a completely fresh connection with the bank:

1. Make all of the accounts with this bank manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. If the connection is successful, carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

If the issue persists after doing so, please provide the name of the bank account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi so we can review the issue for escalation.

-Coach Natalie

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    Options

I don't see the Virginia Credit Union account under Settings → Accounts anymore. As mentioned earlier, I deleted it and am trying to add it again but keep running into the FDP-102 errors.

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    Options

The bank/credit union that I am trying to add is Virginia Credit Union (vacu.org)

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@thalaivar, gotcha — thanks for confirming!

I went ahead and got this issue escalated and will post back as updates are received.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-11042244

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@thalaivar, I received an update on the escalation, and our service provider stated that the issue should now be resolved. Can you give it another try and let us know how it goes, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    Options

Still see the same error. Tried at 7:18 am EST on 05/09

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    Options

Just for information I get a similar 102 (without the FDP) error in Credit Karma (which also uses Intuit for the connection).

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@thalaivar, thanks for giving it another try and letting me know!

I got the escalation resubmitted with your new attempt and will let you know when we hear back again.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@thalaivar, hey again! They came back stating the issue is resolved again — can you give it another try and let me know how it goes, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    Options

Same FDP-102 after I click through the “Send sms to (last 4 of my mobile number)”

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    Options

see screenshot

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    Options

I deliberately tried with an incorrect username/password and I got a different error FDP-103

So it is not a credentials issue.

One thing that does look odd is that the sms to my mobile is repeated twice in the options. I don’t see this when I am logging in directly at VACU.org

• David B.
    David B. Member
    Options

Hello, I've been following thalaiver’s issue since it is exactly the issue I’m experiencing. Mine stopped working on 3/23 (last posted transaction). I’m getting that same FDP-102 error and the same double sms options when reconnecting. I’m not sure if it makes a difference but my spouse and I have separate VACU accounts that both connect to Simplifi. It was never an issue before 3/23.

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    Options

Thanks David for the comment. In my case we just have 1 account.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@thalaivar, thanks for giving it another try and letting me know! I went ahead and resubmitted the ticket again and will keep you informed of any updates.

@David B., thanks for posting on this topic! To clarify, is the error occurring on an existing account in Quicken Simplifi? If so, please provide the name of that account so we can look into an escalation for you as well. Also, did you reset the connection for the bank already? If not, please do so.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• David B.
    David B. Member
    Options

yes, these were existing account added in January 2024 when I came over from Mint. What’s the best way to get you the account names? My wife has 2 accounts (checking and a loan). I have 6 accounts (2 checking, 2 saving, 1 credit card, 1 line of credit)

• David B.
    David B. Member
    Options

I just tried resetting the connection again and same FDP-102 error

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@David B., thank you for confirming!

I went ahead and filed a new escalation for your case. It looks like your original escalation from Chat Support came back as resolved, but just like @thalaivar's, it does not appear to actually be resolved. I'll let you know when I hear back on the ticket!

-Coach Natalie

EWC-11061108

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@thalaivar & @David B., can you both give this another try, please? 🤞

-Coach Natalie

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    Options

Finally! It worked. It did take a long time and I had to force the app closed and reopen but I do see the money and the accounts now. Thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@thalaivar, woohoo!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.