system dropping transactions.

Options

I have several transactions that fail to show up on Simlifi from my Chase accounts, both Credit and DDA. this has been ongoing for the last week. Several attempts at reset: Pending etc. failed to correct and contact via help and call back do not return my calls.

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Seavilla,

To troubleshoot this issue, if you haven't done so already, I recommend you start by following the steps in this article:

If those steps do not resolve the issue, then please provide additional information. What kind of accounts are affected by this (personal, business, credit card, loans, checking, savings, etc)? What kind of transactions are missing (for instance, is it only transactions showing as pending with the financial institution that are missing, or are posted transactions missing also)? Is there any noticeable pattern to what goes missing (for example, deposits not showing up, or transactions with a specific payee, etc)?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• Seavilla
    Options

I have completed all the above steps.

Missing transactions occur in both CC and DDA accounts. I have transactions from the same payor that do show up both before and after the missing trans. This is in the CC account. No transactions are showing up after 12/11 and one of these seems to be stuck in Pending Status.

On the DDA side one transaction from 11/27 is missing and another from 12/18 is missing.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Seavilla, thanks for posting back with additional details!

I'd suggest resetting the connection for the bank by following the steps here to see if doing so brings the missing transactions in: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

If the issue persists, since it sounds like there are just a few transactions that are missing, I'd recommend manually adding them and then keeping an eye on things from there. If missing transactions are sporadic, we typically suggest a manual correction for an immediate resolution. However, if the accounts stop updating, meaning your transactions stop downloading in general, we'd definitely want to take a closer look to see what's going on.

The steps to manually enter a transaction can be found here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3348103-managing-transactions-in-quicken-simplifi#add-a-transaction

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Seavilla
    Options

Not sure if you got my previous reply but to update you , After some further efforts I now have two accounts both CC (@Chase) that have created "New accounts.

The new accounts reflect a correct balance with all current transactions. However the "Old accounts still show up with a frozen? balance. these old account also hold the past transaction history, while the new account only go back to Sept 2023.

Both Old accounts show "account disconnected on the settings/accounts page

Net effect is I show a duplicated balance for the old accounts

Please advise how I can remedy this.

Thank you

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Seavilla, it sounds like you're dealing with duplicate accounts due to not properly linking them when reconnecting to the bank in Quicken Simplifi: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5281170-how-to-resolve-duplicate-accounts

At this point, I'd suggest the following:

1. Delete the newly created duplicate accounts by following the steps here.
    2. Make the original accounts manual in Quicken Simplifi (if they're not already) by following the steps here.
    3. Once you see the original accounts in the 'Manual Accounts' section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    4. Carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.