Editing a Recurring Series is defaulting the Frequency to 'Every Month' (edited)

Kseniya
Kseniya Member
edited October 11 in Report a Bug

Some yearly recurring bills are showing up as monthly. In the spending plan, they are only showing up once a year as was the original set-up. When I got to edit the transaction, the frequency says "monthly". I change it back to yearly, update/save, exit, come back in to edit view and see that it's still stuck saying monthly. I've done this multiple times over and over with no change. But when I go back to the spending plan, I only see the transaction show up in a single month per year.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@Kseniya, thanks for posting!

I tested this from my end by creating an 'Every Year' Recurring Series in Quicken Simplifi. The Reminder displays as expected in the Spending Plan, and the Recurring Series still shows the correct frequency under Settings > Recurring, so it doesn't seem that I'm able to replicate what you described. Have you tried deleting and recreating the Recurring Series in question to see if doing so clears things up for you?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Kseniya
    Kseniya Member

Yes, I tried deleting and recreating. Didn't help.

I'm also now having an issue with bills that are a one time occurrence - not recurring. When I try to save them, it brings me back to the "frequency" tab, looking for me to define the recurrence schedule even though I just set them to be a one-time thing. Then it won't move on and save until I define a month and day.

• Kseniya
    Kseniya Member

I created a lot of these bills about a week ago and it worked correctly then.

When I went back to edit a couple of days ago, I noticed the problems.

At the same time, the android app stopped working and transfers started acting incorrectly. I have a separate ticket on that. It seems like a lot of things broke all at once.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    edited August 25

Thank you for your reply,

Is this happening in the mobile app, the web app, or both? I tried to replicate this new issue with one-time bills you mentioned, but when I tested in my Quicken Simplifi, I had no trouble setting the frequency to One-Time Payment, then creating it. Does this issue happen only when you go back to edit a reminder? Does logging out of the app and back in again correct the issue?

For the original issue you posted about, I was able to replicate it in my own Quicken Simplifi, although I can't get it to happen consistently. I did find one work-around that forced it to go back to the yearly frequency and stay that way: editing the frequency through the mobile app rather than through the web app. Unfortunately, with the Android app issue you're encountering, that work around may not be a viable option for you.

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• Coach Natalie

@Kseniya, thanks for the reply!

With the help of Coach Kristina, I ended up being able to replicate this, and it's affecting other Frequencies besides just 'Every Year'. The key seems to be editing the Recurring Series twice; the second time, it defaults to 'Every Month' and I have to correct it before saving other changes. Even after correcting it, I still see "Every Month" in the All Recurring list.

With that, I took a video of the behavior and got it escalated. I will post back with updates!

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-22684

• Kseniya
    Kseniya Member

Thanks so much!

• Coach Natalie
    edited September 3

@Kseniya, a fix for this issue is expected with the 4.24.0 4.25.0 Web Release.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie

This issue should now be resolved!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.