Problem (bug?) editing annual recurring bill

PhilS
PhilS Member
edited October 11 in Report a Bug

I have a once a year recurring bill. This year the amount changed so I wanted to update the recurring item.

I go to Bills > All Recurring and, on that bill, I select "Edit Series".

In the popup window I change the amount.

I click "Update" and it takes me to the "Frequency and Occurance" window. I then have to reselect the month and day - the "month" is not defined, the "Day-of-the-month" has the day in it, but the field is still red and "Required".

When I redefine those items, the "Day-of-the-month" stays red and "Required" and will NOT update.

Is this a bug?

Thanks for the help.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello @PhilS,

To help troubleshoot this issue, I tried to replicate it. I wasn't able to replicate the issue you're seeing. How often does this happen? Is it affecting just one reminder, or multiple? Does changing the frequency (such as choosing Every X years, or toggling to another frequency, then back to Every year) allow you to save the changes? Are you seeing this only in the Web app, or is this happening in the Mobile app also?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• PhilS
    PhilS Member

Hi Kristina,

Thanks for your suggestions. I've been editing this bill on the web - not the mobile.

I went back in to editing the bill series, I updated the amount and then I changed the frequency to once-a-month - it accepted and the update went through. I then went back to Edit the series and changed the frequency back to once a year, and that took. It looks like all is well now.

Thanks,

Phil

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Kristina @PhilS I have encountered this bug on the Web App yesterday and today!

The amount on my Waste Management Bill changed this month. It went up $6 quarterly. I was able to pay the bill and link the transaction. But when I attempted to edit the series with the new amount, it just would NOT do it. It wanted me to update the frequency details too, but it wouldn't accept them. Finally out of desperation I changed quarterly to every 12 weeks and was able to do it.

Today I had another bill for an app I used but the name is the same as another Recurring so I decided to change the name (the amount had changed as well). Same thing, it would NOT allow me to change anything and save it. These were yearly bills. So I changed it every 12 months and it worked.

I have the very latest web version 4.25.0. In fact it updated while I was trying to do this, and it made no difference. And, like Phil, after getting it to change, I could go back and select yearly or quarterly and it updated correctly.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@SRC54, thanks for posting on this topic!

Yes, that definitely sounds funky, but I'm glad you were able to get it fixed. Usually, deleting and recreating the Recurring Series will also fix things like this, but I'm glad you were able to get it resolved without having to take that step.

-Coach Natalie

• GolfsMyGame
    GolfsMyGame Member ✭✭

I can confirm this is an issue for me as well.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@GolfsMyGame, thanks for letting us know!

Did you try any of the steps posted above that worked for other users? You can also try deleting and recreating the Recurring Series.

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.