Fidelity CMA Transactions Can't be Unexcluded from Reports and Spending Plan

2»

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @danielkeisling,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I am not sure what I am looking at exactly in the screenshot you mentioned, and I am not sure it correctly captures what is being reported as the issue. If you can provide a new screenshot showing the behavior present in the web application as well, we can see about getting this reported.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

My goodness. Showing the transaction detail from the web UI is worthless because I stated several times the "Type" is not shown in the web UI. I already fixed the transactions so I can't provide a screenshot anyway. It will be many days before I have another transactions as I rarely use my CMA account.

To recap, there are THREE bugs:

Using the akoya connection, connecting to Fidelity CMA accounts:

1. Regular "checking" type transactions get categorized as investment transactions. This means you can't unexclude them from the spending plan and reports.
    2. On the Web UI, the Payee is blank for these transactions
    3. On the Web UI, you cannot change the transaction type from an investment category to Payment/Deposit. Only on mobile app. Changing the type is how these transactions get fixed so they can be unexcluded from the spending plan and reports.

The reddit post also shows that it's affecting other people.

• Coach Jon

Hello @danielkeisling,

I understand your frustration, but in order to properly escalate these issues you listed, we need to be able to have current proof from a user in the community. We would be able to escalate the second point you listed as the screenshot you posted shows this issue, but I am not seeing the first and third points in your screenshots outside the mobile application screenshots you provided.

Thank you for your patience,

Coach Jon

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

Screenshots for point 3 are in this thread. Look at the mobile app screenshot, you can see "Type" with the dropdown field. The SPAXX screenshot from the Web UI does not have this dropdown.

I will get you the transaction detail when it miscategorizes the next transaction.

• Coach Jon

Hello @danielkeisling,

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand, however, if the account is listed as a checking account in the web application, and that is indeed how it is supposed to be classified, there will not be a "type" field for this type of account. Checking/Cash accounts do not have the "Type" field that Investment accounts do. This is why I mentioned before that this seems more like a mobile application issue than a web application issue.

We will more than welcome any additional screenshots you provide showing the issues you described when you can, thanks!

-Coach Jon

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

Well, then the bug is in the mobile app lol. But please don't fix it! :) It's the only way we can correctly fix these transactions so they show up in the spending plan and reports.

• ender
    ender Member

I am experiencing the same issue with my CMA via akoya (also connected there since it won't work on the regular fidelity investments connection).

My account is labeled a checking account. It is specifically a checking account in my accounts, both the exclude checkboxes are NOT checked, however I am seeing all transactions exhibit behavior where:

1. They are by default excluded from spending plan/reports
    2. If I edit them, they instantly revert

• ender
    ender Member

I didn't realize I can fix this on the mobile app though!

• Coach Jon

Hello @danielkeisling,

If you go to Settings > Accounts in the mobile application, does your Fidelity CMA account show as an investment account or a checking account there? Can you provide a screenshot?

@ender, thanks for reaching out! Can you share a screenshot showing the exclusion boxes unchecked in the account settings, as well as the transactions showing as excluded in the register? Feel free to DM me.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

Checking.

• Coach Jon
    edited September 9

Hello @danielkeisling,

Thanks for the information. Let's have you try editing the account in Quicken Simplifi. This will tell us what account type it is currently set to. Go to Settings > Accounts > Edit Account using the 3 dot menu on the right side. If you could provide a screenshot showing this Edit Account window in both the mobile and web application this would be helpful.

Thank You,

Coach Jon

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

Desktop:

Mobile:

• Coach Jon

Hello @danielkeisling,

Thanks for the screenshots. It definitely seems like the mobile application may be causing the issue with exclusions here since it categorizes transactions as investment transactions in a checking account. If you click on the account in the mobile application, does it bring up account holdings like in an investment account? Or is it a regular checking register? A couple of things you may try doing are to try changing the account type to an investment account to see if that works better for you, and changing it back if not. Additionally, I would suggest trying to uninstall and reinstall the mobile application to see if it fixes the issue.

Let us know how this goes!

-Coach Jon

• I have eliminated the mobile app from the equation. I am only using the desktop app. I synced this morning and all transactions are coming in as investments.

• Coach Jon

Hello @danielkeisling,

Thanks for the reply. I am sorry, but I am unsure how the screenshot you gave indicates that the transactions are coming in as investment transactions in the web application. If you can open the edit transaction window for one of these transactions and attach a screenshot showing the investment fields, this would help us determine if that is indeed the case here.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• There are screenshots in the thread that shows this behavior and I have told you several times that you can't tell they are investments from the web app, only mobile. The last post was just to show that the mobile app is not causing the issue. You can tell they are investments because they are hidden from the spending plan and reports. I've sent you everything you need, I'm done repeating myself.

• Coach Jon

Hello @danielkeisling,

We can definitely understand your frustration. Generally when escalating, we need as much information/proof as possible in order to troubleshoot and determine a solution, which is why I asked. However, it looks like this issue has been reported, and we do have an alert up that you can follow for updates. We will post there as we receive more information.

Thanks for your patience,

Coach Jon