Concerns About Wealthsimple Connection & Missing Mac Features

Leya.V
Leya.V Member
edited August 29 in Feedback

Hi there,

I've been using Quicken since January 2024, and I love how it helps me keep track of my finances. However, I have a few concerns that I'd like to bring to your attention. Some of these have been mentioned by other users in the past but haven't been directly addressed yet.

I'm using the Quicken Deluxe Desktop App on my Mac, and here are my main concerns:

1. Connecting to Wealthsimple: Wealthsimple is listed as an approved bank, but the connection process still requires a "Mint access token," which no longer exists since Mint shut down in 2023. This issue isn't on Wealthsimple's end (I've confirmed with them on several occasions). On January 22, 2024, Natalie Coach responded to a thread about this same issue, stating that Quicken is aware of the problem and is working on a solution, though no ETA was provided. However, the thread was closed, and we can no longer view it. We haven’t seen any progress since then. This is an essential connection for me and many other Canadian users. Could you provide an update on how close Quicken is to resolving this?
  2. Mac Features: Several features, like creating custom savings goals, budgeting for custom savings goals, rollover budgeting, and investing reports, are still unavailable for Mac users. I’ve used Quicken on Windows before, and these were crucial parts of my process. Can you let me know if these features are being worked on for Mac and if there’s an ETA?
  3. Projected Balances Using Bill & Income Features with Budget: Another feature that would be extremely useful is the ability to project balances using both the Bill & Income feature and the budget. This would give users a clear snapshot of what they are working towards. It's psychological and can improve usage rates if users can visually see their progress with graphs and such.

Thanks for your time—I look forward to your response!

Cheers,
Leya

Comments