Allow multiple mobile phone numbers for notifications (edited)

mJKammert
mJKammert Member
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

Just a thought for future enhancements
For those of us that have joint financial relationship it would be nice for simplifi to allow multiple mobile phone numbers in the profile so that when a notification text message is sent then more than one person can get the notification message. This would be helpful to users that are budgeting with someone else.

14 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @mJKammert,

Thanks for posting this to the Community!

I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post so that other Users can vote on it. Please be sure to add your vote as well!

-Coach Natalie

• mark
    mark Unconfirmed, Member

I just started up and was surprised to find out there's no ability to share the account with your spouse. All they can do is just log in as someone else on their own device. Having the ability to have at least two users with separate info for security and verification would be great especially for any couples who share a budget.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mJKammert,

Absolutely agree with this!  Please do consider a way to do this.  Specifically, ideally, you would have the option to select "Push Notification" or "Text Message" to two separate people.

For example, my wife has an iPad and Simplifi doesn't yet have a native iPad app.  As a result, while I tried using it, it was a better experience to just add a shortcut on her iPad directly to the Simplifi Web App and I uninstalled the app.  As a result, she wouldn't get "Push Notifications".

I really want to find a way to automatically notify her when Spending Plan and Watchlist items hit their limits.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Libby
    Libby Member
    I was surprised to find out that my spouse could not have a separate login. It would be nice to add this feature.
  • +1 for this 
  • Secure_User
    Secure_User Member ✭✭
    I would also really appreciate this feature!
  • It's always diappointing to see a good idea that would probably take one person a day to code and deploy not get implemented after a couple years.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand this request - - I don't get text message notifications from Simplifi to my knowledge. Also, now there already is the ability to share accounts (I don't use it yet). What is it asking? I do know banks will text some users codes to verify accounts, but that's not simplifi even if it prompts for those codes.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello All,

I agree with @RobWilk and am not sure what this Idea is requesting. Since there is no Notification option in Simplifi to text to a phone number (just 'Push' for the Mobile App and 'Email'), I'm not sure how this request applies. When reviewing some of the comments, I think the recent addition of Space Sharing may cover this request.

http://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6443103-how-to-share-your-simplifi-data

If two people are able to access the Simplifi Web App and install the Simplifi Mobile App on their phones and access the same dataset, they should essentially both be able to receive the generated Notifications. Has anyone here given this a try?

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie,

I haven't used the Space Sharing either, but if it does indeed push Notifications to both shared phones, then yes, I do think that this Idea could be closed.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.